View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Big Ruckus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 R/T In The Family Now, Info Inside

Hi guys, I'm new here and just wanted to post up. My bro-in-law (Jason) just bought an '09 Challenger R/T (black on black, auto, 18's) 2 weeks ago and I've been trolling around for info on his behalf cuz he's not around computers all day while at work (I work on the internet, I'm online anyway). I like this forum and think it will continue to grow probably in the months to come as more folks come home with new Challengers and the aftermarket finally catches up. It's a great looking car all around, I like it. Now to the good stuff...

So, I heard that Jason bought one so I immediately had to drive over there to check it out, obviously. I arrived in my wife's stock '07 Mustang GT (auto) and the first thing out of his mouth was "let's go run 'em and see what's up!" Good idea! From a dig to about 90mph the Challenger pulled away pretty good and by the time it was over was approaching about 2 cars on the Mustang. From a slight roll (20-ish) the Challenger ran away from the Mustang like a scalded dog! Now, I personally think the Mustang is slow as shit so take it as you want but it's nice to know as some frame of reference.

A couple days later (LOL!) Jason got the stock muffler & resonators cut out and replaced with Borla mufflers. I haven't heard it yet but he said it sounds louder than a Magnaflow setup but still not all out obnoxious. He's coming over this weekend so I'll get to hear it myself, can't wait. This past weekend he put it on the dyno and came up with 330hp/350tq, not too bad! Way more than I was expecting but that's a great place to start, fo sho!

He's totally getting into his car and has the other regular mods getting ready to go on shortly - CAI, thermostat, and probably some lighter aftermarket rims. As I stated before, he's coming over to my house this weekend and the first thing we're gonna do is go out and see how it fares against my '06 GTO 6.0 (CAI, exhaust). I'll post up the results after I whoop his ass... I better.