Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

'09 R/T In The Family Now, Info Inside

Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 R/T In The Family Now, Info Inside

Hi guys, I'm new here and just wanted to post up. My bro-in-law (Jason) just bought an '09 Challenger R/T (black on black, auto, 18's) 2 weeks ago and I've been trolling around for info on his behalf cuz he's not around computers all day while at work (I work on the internet, I'm online anyway). I like this forum and think it will continue to grow probably in the months to come as more folks come home with new Challengers and the aftermarket finally catches up. It's a great looking car all around, I like it. Now to the good stuff...

So, I heard that Jason bought one so I immediately had to drive over there to check it out, obviously. I arrived in my wife's stock '07 Mustang GT (auto) and the first thing out of his mouth was "let's go run 'em and see what's up!" Good idea! From a dig to about 90mph the Challenger pulled away pretty good and by the time it was over was approaching about 2 cars on the Mustang. From a slight roll (20-ish) the Challenger ran away from the Mustang like a scalded dog! Now, I personally think the Mustang is slow as shit so take it as you want but it's nice to know as some frame of reference.

A couple days later (LOL!) Jason got the stock muffler & resonators cut out and replaced with Borla mufflers. I haven't heard it yet but he said it sounds louder than a Magnaflow setup but still not all out obnoxious. He's coming over this weekend so I'll get to hear it myself, can't wait. This past weekend he put it on the dyno and came up with 330hp/350tq, not too bad! Way more than I was expecting but that's a great place to start, fo sho!

He's totally getting into his car and has the other regular mods getting ready to go on shortly - CAI, thermostat, and probably some lighter aftermarket rims. As I stated before, he's coming over to my house this weekend and the first thing we're gonna do is go out and see how it fares against my '06 GTO 6.0 (CAI, exhaust). I'll post up the results after I whoop his ass... I better.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 AM

Default RE: '09 R/T In The Family Now, Info Inside

Sounds like your brother-in-law is really happy with his new family member. Glad to see he's having fun with it......just be careful out there. Perhaps you will have to add a Mopar to your collection in the future.
It seems as if Mustang owners are always trying to get me to street race them (do all my racing on the strip). As for the GTO, I hear that they are hot....and may just give your brother-in-law a run for his money. Keep us posted.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:19 AM

As soon as they are available make sure he gets the Diablo Prediator Tune. That really woke up my SRT8. Watch street racing. We already lost one car and a driver to it. Race at the track.

ORIGINAL: Big Ruckus

Hi guys, I'm new here and just wanted to post up. My bro-in-law (Jason) just bought an '09 Challenger R/T (black on black, auto, 18's) 2 weeks ago and I've been trolling around for info on his behalf cuz he's not around computers all day while at work (I work on the internet, I'm online anyway). I like this forum and think it will continue to grow probably in the months to come as more folks come home with new Challengers and the aftermarket finally catches up. It's a great looking car all around, I like it. Now to the good stuff...

So, I heard that Jason bought one so I immediately had to drive over there to check it out, obviously. I arrived in my wife's stock '07 Mustang GT (auto) and the first thing out of his mouth was "let's go run 'em and see what's up!" Good idea! From a dig to about 90mph the Challenger pulled away pretty good and by the time it was over was approaching about 2 cars on the Mustang. From a slight roll (20-ish) the Challenger ran away from the Mustang like a scalded dog! Now, I personally think the Mustang is slow as shit so take it as you want but it's nice to know as some frame of reference.

A couple days later (LOL!) Jason got the stock muffler & resonators cut out and replaced with Borla mufflers. I haven't heard it yet but he said it sounds louder than a Magnaflow setup but still not all out obnoxious. He's coming over this weekend so I'll get to hear it myself, can't wait. This past weekend he put it on the dyno and came up with 330hp/350tq, not too bad! Way more than I was expecting but that's a great place to start, fo sho!

He's totally getting into his car and has the other regular mods getting ready to go on shortly - CAI, thermostat, and probably some lighter aftermarket rims. As I stated before, he's coming over to my house this weekend and the first thing we're gonna do is go out and see how it fares against my '06 GTO 6.0 (CAI, exhaust). I'll post up the results after I whoop his ass... I better.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:19 AM

Welcome to the forum and as others have said, be careful out there. It is great hearing that a bone stock RT took down a Mustang GT. There has been considerable discussion on the RT's abilities and I think this goes along way to dispelling some anxious folks fears. It will be good to hear the outcome of the GTO vs. RT so post the good, er. maybe bad news for you!
Old 09-23-2008, 03:20 PM

I love the challenger , own the challenger , and want nothing but my challenger.

but the GTO is fast and should have no problem with the r/t

SRT vs GTO would be a GREAT RACE !

The day I got my challenger 1 1/2 months ago a GTO tried to race me on the t-pike south ... too bad I was still in my break in peroid [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 09-23-2008, 03:28 PM

I've had an 04 auto and an 06 M6 GTO. They're great cars - I think the 06 would beat my SRT but my last impression of it was after it was well broken in, though still stock. The SRT may not weigh much more, but it definitely feels bigger. Keep us updated on the results.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 AM

Okay, my bro-in-law came over last night cuz he was out joyriding in his new car (we can all relate, LOL) and we had a chance to line up the GTO & Challenger. Fortunately just down the street there is a newish highway with empty straight service roads that don't have any streets that feed onto them, so it's a great place to run real quick.

Results - from a dig to about 120mph I had him by 1.5 - 2 cars. We both had minimal tire spin, both had traction control off. I was out in front early on and then just started to pull away sort of slowly. I got to hear his new Borla setup at WOT, sounded good. At idle, those Borlas just sound like nothing else I've heard. Totally different sound.

Anyway, just wanting to post up to let you guys know as a measuring stick for your car if you were wondering. Jason's got mods on the brain so I'm sure he'll be using my car and the dyno to gauge improvements, so I'll keep you guys updated. His Challenger is gonna be fun!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:27 AM

Nice to hear it held its own against that GTO. Makes me wonder about the SRT now.