View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 07:54 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wingcars/Superbirds and Daytonas

Just wanted to start a thread on wingcars, because several long exchanges have been started on some of the Challenger threads.....and it has gotten off topic of what this site is all about.....the Challenger. So if anyone would like to talk wingcars...lets talk.....
I have a clone that I am redoing to change a few things that I don't like.....but it's a clone and will never look like a real Daytona. Using some ideas I had when I owned my original Hemi 4 speed Superbird, but it was to valuable even back in the day to mess with.......sky's the limit with a clone (and money of course).
I was looking for pictures to post....and was surprised that I only have two, and both are before the nose was done....the Superbird on the other hand...I have a lot of old pictures....go figurer.
My Daytona started life as a 70 Charger SE with a 318. Has black interior and is still black on the exterior, but since it is now apart I have been toying with changing the color.
Now has built 440/auto with Dana, everything upgraded to Hemicar level (gaslines, brakes, cooling, etc.)
My Daytona clone has the special rear window and trunk lid, 69 tail lights, windshield a post chrome, etc.
Bulding a Daytona is a lot of work, but if you have some skill it can be done.

If anyone wants to know more about these cars, checkout:

Winged Warriors Club Site
Daytona/Superbird Auto Club site
Dodge Charger.com (Aero Cars section)