View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Yankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wingcars/Superbirds and Daytonas

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050
"The Headlight buckets and turn signals are also different"
Both FALSE and TRUE, as the buckets ARE the same, however the turn signals are different
I've never known of the headlight buckets to be interchangeable - not saying they AREN'T... guess I'll have to do some digging to find out for sure.

"Although this was known as the Road Runner Superbird, the Superbird was really more of a GTX than a Road Runner (but perhaps Plymouth didn't feel GTX Superbird rolled off the tongue like Road Runner Superbird did). For example, the Superbird shared the GTX's dashboard and interior that was standard on upper-level Satellites. Its drivetrains mirrored the GTX as well, such as the 375 hp 7.2L (440 cid) Super Commando V8 was standard (instead of the Road Runner's 335 hp 383 V8), with the 390 hp 440 3x2 Six-Pack and 425 hp 426 2x4 Hemi V8s as options. A 4-speed manual (with the ultra-cool pistol-grip shifter) or 3-speed automatic transmission could be had with any engine, and the automatic could have a column or floor console shift. All Superbirds had power front-disc brakes and the split top/bottom taillights as standard equipment (again, like the GTX)"
FALSE, all Superbirds started life as Road Runners not GTXs. The GTX was an upper scale version of the Road Runner with more dress up items such as more chrome and up scale interior. The Superbird did not come with this up scale level of interior or exterior chrome. It was all standard Road Runner.
The article says more of a GTX than a Road Runner, it didn't say it wasn't a Road Runner - I suppose you could say it effectively split the difference between the 2.

And, in fact the dash is entirely different between the Satellite and the GTX/Road Runner which has the Rallye instrumentation.
Wasn't the Rallye dash an option on the Sport Satellites? I think it was...

And the split top/bottom taillights were Road Runner as well, they are the same as the GTX. Only the Satellite came with no split across the taillight.
Not all Road Runners had the split taillights, but all GTXs did.

This is why Universities do not want students using Wiki.... site for reseach...some good facts and some not so good.
Well hey... I did the best I could