View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:16 PM
rickerda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats a 1972 Challenger Worth?

ORIGINAL: lear4406

I did not take it as a put down. I only answered the question. Speculation is just that. If its technical there is a right answer. If its speculation then theres no real tangible answer, only what a person thinks is the answer. What is his car worth? What someone will pay for it. 70 and 71s go for the most. Big block R/Ts and HEMI cars the most. Small block 340s next. 72-74s go for less. Except for the elusive 360 4-speed cars. They are rare and very few made. 318 and 225 sixes are the least on the list. But with the Challenger so rare these days and engine transplants so common... that is where this car will find its worth. I don't see too many folks leaving a 318 in with a 5.7 or 6.1 as an option. 426 or bigger HEMI being the most popular of the swaps. Then they could always make a 70 out of it. So the advice flows, but is that an answer or just my opinion. I think its just my opinion
Thats a good answer! well done, Also as the supply of good 70-71 dry up people will turn to 72 and later