Old 10-10-2008, 05:35 PM
fatcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Economic Influence on Challenger purchase?

ORIGINAL: dodgebrothers

Man, I forgot this board has problems with polls...ugh.

Myself, I'm postponing...kind of, as I'm curious about the Classic edition and no new news on it lately.
Let's face it folks.........we are a diffreent breed of car buyer.

The Challenger is not a 'main stream' automobile in today's market. It's a specialty car that we are passionate about.

This purchase is not about basic transportation. It's high fashion statement that is not really for a family.

It's like the Corvette. There will always be a buyer with money that will buy our car.

No doubt, the numbers are down. My dealer told me that they had four Challenger deals fall through this week due to financing issues.

You cannot sell them if the buyer cannot get financing. Chrysler cancelled the leasing program, so the result is poor sales - even for our beloved Challenger.

The S/E model is an outright steal. The R/T model is a bargain muscle car. The SRT8 model is an extravagence.

Our economy is real sick right now, and normal conditions do not apply. I think Chrysler has more to worry about than GM.

Private investors (CERBERUS) do not keep companies that lose money. I pray for brighter days ahead. Sooner the better.

I agree with both you guys.

Mopar2ya , the wife is the main reason I went for the R/T instead of the SRT8. She absolutely would not go for the Goverment Gas guzzler tax and I love her too much for devorve over a car and the end result is , I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY CHALLENGER R/T

73Chalenger you are excatly right about special type buyers and all your statements in my opinion. I for one knew I was buying a Challenger since it was first announced and started saving every dime I could till the day it came and payed cash for it. I know thats not for everyone or most on here but I've also allowed for the expense of gasoline. I'M GONNA DRIVE THIS CAR A LOT

I also hope and pray that all the car companies get thru this terrible economic time and start designing better, smarter, more fuel efficient cars.

Good lock and Best Wishes to all, Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]