Old 09-02-2006, 12:43 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anybody thought about building a Kit Car? If so, which one?

Well 11 years ago the Taurus wasn't considered to be such an old person's car because it was sportier with the SHO model. Then in '96 they ruined the car's performance image by making it look less sporty and replacing the competitive and reliable 3.2 and 3.0 SHO models with the 3.0L Duratech and 3.4L (Duratech based) SHO which was supposed to be slower and the 3.4L had serious reliability issues.

The thing that makes me laugh is when I hear people bad mouthing the transmission series used in my car. They say their junk. The problem is they don't understand the transmission fluid needs to be done every 30,000 miles with Chrysler's fluid. Meanwhile, my uncle is on his sixth transmission in his Vulcan-powered '95 Taurus there is no excuse for that to happen that many times. The older Taurus's had problems with the 3.8L blowing head gaskets as well and the thing that caused this was they switched from cast-iron to aluminum heads without making sure it was perfected first.

What problems did you have with yours?

I think this is the biggest contributer to their failure. It is a simple fact that if you don't have reliability, nobody will buy from you no matter how good your fuel economy or acceleration is.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts