Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Has anybody thought about building a Kit Car? If so, which one?

Old 10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anybody thought about building a Kit Car? If so, which one?

1G Racing is now: http://www.rossioncars.com/pages/new...resrights.html

These are awesome supercars.

News Article
2.22.2007 – Press Release
1G RACING SECURES WORLDWIDE PRODUCTION AND DESIGN RIGHTS TO NOBLE M12/400 WITH EXCEPTION OF UK

CINCINNATI, OH (February 22, 2007) –1G Racing proudly announces securing production and design rights from Noble Automotive Limited for the M12/400 series of vehicles. The move comes as 1G Racing continues building upon strong demand for lightweight, high-performance vehicles such as the M12/400 in the supercar arena.

Under the new agreement, 1G Racing has the ability to address design issues of the cars and increase overall quality, performance, and comfort. With complete control in overall design, 1G Racing is confident in providing a better driving experience and service to M12/400 series owners. 1G Racing has been North American distributor of Noble vehicles since 2003.

1G Racing will be re-badging their cars by July 15th 2007. Next generation cars will continue to be produced on the same line and production will remain uninterrupted.

"1G Racing is proud to continue the tradition of an incredibly good sports car and further build upon our success here with M12/400 series," says 1G Racing Vice President Dean Rosen. "Our company holds the highest commitment to our customers and is excited at the next step in the evolution of one of the best sports cars ever created."

1G Racing, headquartered in Hamilton, Ohio, specializes in the development and production of high-performance vehicles. For additional information, please call 866-612-6625 or visit www.1gracing.com.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:08 PM

Have you looked at the Ariel Atom?

Here's a link to a video from the show Top Gear (I'm sure you'll be impressed!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA
I think they're awesome. Not particularly practical, but look like a real blast, none the less.
For the "purist", nothing beats this.

Here's a link to their web site:
http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/04/frames.htm

They're available in Canada now.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

I have seen the Ariel Atom but not only not practical, it is so low to the ground nobody would ever see you. You would instantly be roadkill.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:56 PM

Wow this came back, cool. I think after I had read this and entered my comment I started looking around. Here is my answer to the original question. Well not a complete answer but here are sites I looked into.

http://www.acautos.com/?src=overture...OVMTC=standard.

I would either get the 67 roadster ow the 41 willys

SOB, i had more, but they have dissapeared out of my shortcuts,

I do have a question maybe one of you may know, if you build a kit car like this, wouldn't we, or maybe just me in CA have to build to emission specs, so I would have to put everything C.A.R.B. certified? It would probably be better to find a shell that is older than 76 and build onto that as that is the year where you don't need emissions checked.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:18 AM

Street Beasts
While these kits are nice and come in varying levels of completeness, requesting a catalogue makes you vulnerable to agressive salesmen/phone calls.
Be so advised.