View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 05:24 PM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/T Fans Rejoice!

Sounds a lot like what some owners were saying back in the 70s......There was always a big debate was to whether the 426 Hemi was worth the price over a 440 Magnum......answer.....depends on the owner, and always has and always will......If you want a turn-key 13 second car...buy an SRT (426 back in the day). If you could live with a little slower times and wanted to spend less money...then an RT (440 Magnum back in the day) would be a better choice. Back in the day, if you wanted the ulitmate in horsepower....it was the hemi, but with many tradeoffs...hard to keep in tune, not the easiest to work on, didn't really like everyday street use, and perhaps the biggest drawback....PRICE....Luckly for us, we have two Hemis to choose from that have none of the drawback that the 426 came with. An individual should buy what you want and can afford...doesn't matter what others think.....after driving and living with the SRT..I wouldn't have been happy with an RT...but that's me.....Love have the king of the hill.....BUT like "mac said.."No sense in aguing, flaming or going ballistic over someone making a different choice than what you would do" (I don't want everyone driving an SRT....so buy an RT)