Thread: ///////////
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 01:53 PM
10secDodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Life Quarter Mile Times....

I find the disbelief sort of funny. First, I tried to shift manually, however the car shifts itself just before the redline whether it is in the manual mode or not. Second, in the RT you can not truly turn the tracion control off, even when disengaged it still comes on if you are too agressive with the wheel spin. I ordered a Diablo programmer from a guy that hops up these cars exclusively. He assured me it will work on the 5.7's and is going to help me use it on the car. I should have it by the weekend and plan on completely bypassing the traction control and am going to set it up to allow me to shift it at the redline. I have also ordered a set of Nitto 20" drag radials. . Third: Stock 3.06 gears.

I am going to still run it with the stock exhaust and air box for now. I believe some solid 12's are in order with the mild changes I described.

For what it's worth, I had another disbleiver at the track. Only because him and another buddy were recently there with their RT running low 14's. It's all in getting off the line. If you notice my short times, they are pretty fast then incrementally close to other RT's once it's rolling. Then I did have some good air on my side....roughly 500' DA that day. My best run was at 450' DA....worst run was at 800' DA. Not mine-shaft air by no means...but pretty darn good.

As far as my times I was surprised too....but if you do the math, the car should go that fast. It just boils down to getting it launched effectively.

This is kind of fun. My drag car is expected to be fast...so no-one ever questions it when I tell them what it turns.