Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

///////////

Old 01-27-2009, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Life Quarter Mile Times....

Here's the link. A guy installed headers and only picked up 5 hp on a chassis dyno. Them pulled the stock air filter and picked an additional 17 hp.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...-results-9706/

It also showed the engine quit falling off at 4800 rpm. This just supports that the few trivial things I did helped, while the 13.40's TaylorSF ran were bone stock.

I am shocked so many people get crazy over these topics when data is supplied. I spend alot of time at the track and see cars running times all over. I usually assume that most of the cars in the street car lanes are inexperianced drivers and just having a good time. I can tell you this much...on bracket race days, I dont see too many street racers. Just goes to show how confident they are in their skills.

But like I said....non of this matter to me now. I have already started the changes and will be ready for april testing. I will be more than happy to report my progress.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:57 AM

Thanks for the link. Basically what people find "suspicious" is the amount gained in the last 1/8th.
he picked up more in the last 1/8 than the Z06 does.
Pointless to go on debating this I guess. I will be curious to see someone repeat your uber-low time though. If it happens let me know. FWIW I don't think you're a liar. Others, however...

Thx
Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 AM

You gotta find this post funny Tony....

You run 10.0's in old iron, and have to prove a 13.1? Not sure how many realize how slow a 13.1 is to you.

Even if you remove all doubt, some will still say its a freak build, and discount the skill needed to get 4200 pounds off the line with sub 2.0's and a stock converter.

I love bench racers......
Old 01-27-2009, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

You gotta find this post funny Tony....

You run 10.0's in old iron, and have to prove a 13.1? Not sure how many realize how slow a 13.1 is to you.

Even if you remove all doubt, some will still say its a freak build, and discount the skill needed to get 4200 pounds off the line with sub 2.0's and a stock converter.

I love bench racers......

I agree. I typically dont get too worked up. But I was getting a little aggrevated when I am being completely honest. And regardless what people think, there is skill involved. I bet if a rag posted some times like this people would take it as gospel. You are right....the car seems deathly slow to me.

Anyhow, I am not debating or defending my cars performance any more. I am sure before too long someone will run faster than mine stock...and that poor guy can take all the grief from that point forward.

Rip....all is good...more timeslips (with video) coming this spring.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:50 AM

I guess the part that blows me away is that the two latest naysayers are MOPAR owners. Now someone is doubting the info put forth in that thread! Can you believe it? Ah well I guess the only way to "prove" anything when people don't want to believe is to have multiple witnesses, sworn statements, videos, and have you hooked up to a lie detector.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5882871-post144.html
If that were true then all the 5.7 (Chargers and Challys) would see that improvement. It is known that the stock filter / intake on those cars is a mess but the guys in the past who have done the same mod see an improvement, but not that much of an improvement.
That guy has a Charger.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:54 AM

He has a Charger and thinks it looks nicer than a Challenger....
He must have rode the short bus to school...[8D]
Old 01-27-2009, 11:37 AM

or time slips
Old 01-27-2009, 12:51 PM

10secdodge

Good job on getting the 4100lb car down the track and getting a good time. And after driving 1 in the 10's no doubt it does feel slow. I drive a 11.90-12.10 anl\glia when racing and then hop in something slower it seems like I'm taking a turtle to a dragrace. keep posting the times and good luck with the mods.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:22 PM

Isn't that what the Hemi is all about??? LOL...PULL???... Wow those "Pony" boys and there pathetic 289's think there bad all to often...Haha... Jeezus at least Ford has the ballz to bring back the 5.0... Wow...
ORIGINAL: Riptide

Thanks for the link. Basically what people find "suspicious" is the amount gained in the last 1/8th.
he picked up more in the last 1/8 than the Z06 does.
Pointless to go on debating this I guess. I will be curious to see someone repeat your uber-low time though. If it happens let me know. FWIW I don't think you're a liar. Others, however...

Thx
Old 01-28-2009, 06:50 AM

It's a 281 btw.

And 13.5 in the 1/4 for a little SB w/300hp like that isn't to shabby either btw.

IMO "badass" is reserved for street cars in the 11s or better.