Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

///////////

Old 12-02-2008, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Life Quarter Mile Times....

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

BUDMAN!! Been a long time. Great to see you here... look forward to hearing your times. What have you done in the way of mods??

Any chance you can find out whats happening with Marks (kramtrah) Challenger..??

ok where do you find the mods
Old 12-03-2008, 04:24 AM

what kind of mods you have in mind cpt. steve..??
Old 12-11-2008, 05:30 AM

Man I had a sweet 69 GTO that to this day is the fastest car I've ever owned, No way it shouldn't have run low 14s at the very least. I had a bone stock 78 Trans Am that without beating it (shifting at 4 grand) ran a 15.2! Anyway nice to know the new hemi is very strong.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:08 AM

hey, 10secDodge
I have read the entire thread. your sacrifice and duty in preserving the honor of the Mopar realm is greatly appreciated!!! I just go my black R/T 6-speed a week ago. The Challenger ROCKS!!! You guys keep up the great work.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:13 PM

Is this a 5.7 Hemi R/T or 6.1 SRT8 auto.
ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

10secDodge... hope you don"t mind me taking it upon myself to post your timeslip...

Here it is...

Great job bro... maybe this will get the attention of some of the naysayer mustang and camaro fanboys...

Old 01-13-2009, 03:16 AM

Not a problem on the time slip. The next one will be significantly faster...the mods have begun.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:36 PM

My goodness! One of your fellow MOPAR owners is calling you a liar 10secDodge. I took the liberty of posting your slips and the one from that 13.12sec 1/4 mile run you had and let's just say we have a naysayer over there again!

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5880431-post137.html
Old 01-26-2009, 04:24 PM

TaylorSF . I haven't been to the track . So I don't really know what my 6 speed with 3.92 will do . I tried it out once at about 1500 miles with a friend with me. Touched the ESP button . Side stepped the clutch at about 1500 rpm . It spun some . But not hard . And I thought it ran good to 120 mph. It is a heavy car. I later found out you have to hold the ESP button for awhile to turn it off completely . It just smokes the tire's at 1000 rpm . And I didn't run it though the gears. My car now has 5000 miles and feels much stronger . The only mod is a drop in K&N filter. I didn't buy the car to drag . I was thinking the other day what do I like the most about the car. Looks , sound , feel or power . And decided all of them . One way to turn the ESP off completely . Turn the air compressor on . Let it idle and nail the throttle . Then hit the air condition button to turn it off . That way you will kill some power from spinning to start with . But then turn it all loose . That lowered my ET with a Monte Carlo SS by half a second back in 83 . It didn't have a pos. The idle and stomp it worked best in a 71 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 I ran in NHRA pure stock in the 70's. Let the engine rev. and sort of sling shot against the converter. I had the govenor spring's in the Turbo 400 trimed to shift at 5800. Electronic's today get alot more out of what we have. Think of it . 5.7 = 348 cu someone said . How many stock 350 chev. pulling 4100 lb. ran in 13's years ago. Factory showroom that is . With tuning and blue printing I got the Buick down to 8 sec. flat in 1/8th mile . It weighted 3800 lb. I ran the 315 hp 455 doing that . I'm happy with Challenger and I'm sure I will try it out someday at the track . Maybe . But enjoying just driving it and all the people asking about it .
Old 01-26-2009, 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Riptide

My goodness! One of your fellow MOPAR owners is calling you a liar 10secDodge. I took the liberty of posting your slips and the one from that 13.12sec 1/4 mile run you had and let's just say we have a naysayer over there again!

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5880431-post137.html
It's all good Rip. Like I said before....many people don't believe what thay can't do themselves, or have not seen for themselves. I more than proved my point...and with actual witnesses that day at the track. Also, TaylorSF has ran 13.40's, and he admitted to running his completely bone stock ie: not dropping tire pressure, not pulling the air filter, and 70+ degree weather. I fully disclosed what I did to mine in this thread. The Mustang guys need to realize....just because they love to jump on cars on a roll and beat them, there are other people out there that know how to race. Most Chally owners admit not being into racing....I am not one of them. Also since the "Mopar" naysayer wants quote specific sites and performance, have him look up the thread on Challengertalk where one RT owner picked up almost 20 hp by pulling the stock air filter out on the chassis dyno....dyno sheets included. These cars are not slow.....just mis-driven at times. LOL.

Besides it does not matter any more, my car now has: headers, cat delete pipes, magnaflow competition catback, 2800 converter, true slicks, diablo programmer, and a zex nitrous kit. I am guessing mid 11's.....so what the good ole boys on the Mustang forum believe means nothing to me (you not included).

BTW....more mod's to come!!! I will post times with a video this spring.....that is if a vid is evidence enough. LOL.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:11 AM

Wow the search engine on challengertalk is a ROYAL pain in the ASS.

If you know where the thread you're talking about is post it back please. I can't find it.