Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

///////////

Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Life Quarter Mile Times....

I think YOU will no problem...unless of course you cant get it to hook up...LOL.
I noticed huge difference with tune.[8D]
Old 11-06-2008, 07:26 AM

Per user request over there Im cross posting this.

ORIGINAL: S8ER01Z

Just to answer this guy though..Andre@Edge

The reason I am having trouble biting that the R/T ran 13.1 @ 108mph on a 1.9 60ft is that puts it on par with the SRT8 and there is no supporting evidence to make it add up... it makes less power (thats a known fact) and the weight difference doesnt appear to be enough to make up for the power difference (though some people are posting weights MUCH lower than the manafacturers curb claim so I am waiting to get more information on that...)

Its not really about what I ran and how its believable or not.. you can remove me from the equation (I have not compared my performance to his in any way). I am looking at this from an SRT8 vs R/T comparison... looking at weight, rwhp, rwtrq, gear ratios,60fts, etc, etc... when you put the 28mph mph jump from the 1/8th to the 1/4 mile into the mix it doesnt sit right... doesnt mean its not fact.. just means until I see all of the evidence and it makes sense that I am going to remain skeptic. Its in my nature... trust me Im not anti-Challenger/Chrysler/etc... in fact you can find me on Chargerforums and CherokeeSRT8 posting nothing but positive comments. There is no hate so please dont make it seem like something its not.

Cheers.
I dont mind being the go between a little bit. I think its cool that we are having a "cross forum" discussion of sorts. hehe
Old 11-06-2008, 07:30 AM

I think that guy should practice more..
Old 11-06-2008, 08:16 AM

Riptide,
Please let S8ER01Z know that I have zero hate here! As a matter of fact I respect how the debate is going on that forum. Its all about cars, and I sell many converters to the mustang and Camaro owners. I KNOW what they can do. I do not doubt the times in the signature, I was just pointing out that he ran the same times on a bone stock car with a 2.1 60'

I love the pony car wars, but it will always be about the cars with me. Piece bro!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

Riptide,
Please let S8ER01Z know that I have zero hate here! As a matter of fact I respect how the debate is going on that forum. Its all about cars, and I sell many converters to the mustang and Camaro owners. I KNOW what they can do. I do not doubt the times in the signature, I was just pointing out that he ran the same times on a bone stock car with a 2.1 60'

I love the pony car wars, but it will always be about the cars with me. Piece bro!
I agree...it is about the pony wars. I love it!!

BTW...as I upgrade and need a converter, I will get ahold of you. My ultimate goal with this car is a quiet (stealthy) 11 second ride that
I can drive as much as I want with minimal reliability issues.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 AM

towards RUBBER

Riptide.. let this guy know I suck at driving... and sadly acknowledge it.
actually, if i had the money, i'd go out and buy a new R/T. they are great looking cars and have quite some potential (as evidence by this thread).
Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM

Cool times Mr. 10secdodge. I'm a 2006 Mustang owner but possibly sooon to be a Challenger R/t 6spd owner as well (not giving up the "Stang"). With my short test drives of the R/Ts, the weight and the feel of the weight of the Challengers did not lead me to belive they were capable of those times but I won't harsh on you. Your experience at the strip definitely counts for something. I just hope I can get that deep in the 13's when I get a chance to take the R/T to the track.

Back to the axle question. Autos only get the 3.06, no other options. Manuals come with the 3.72 and 18 inch rims. 20 inch rims on the manual get you the 3.92 gears, a real limitted slip diff and a traction control switch that will turn it completely off.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:07 AM

Any vids yet 10secDodge? Been back to the track?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:01 PM

TaylorSF , How you stage can raise or lower your ET a little. As a past 71 Bucik GS one racer in Pure Stock NHRA I ran 8 second flat in the 1/8 th mile driven in off the street with 9 inch slick's back in 75 legal NHRA in H/SA . If you stage deep . With the front wheel past breaking the beam of light . The timer will start as soon as you break the beam. If you stage with just the edge of the tire in the beam . You can take off the distance of the front edge of the tire to the rear . Normally about 4inch's from the ground up . That way you get a running start of that distance . And the car could be doing 5 mph or more when you break the beam . If you stage too deep . With the light at the rear of the tire. You maybe are doing 1 or 2 mph when the beam break's and the timer has started. It's not much . But that makes for a lower ET and and win some time . I ran 4;86 gear as i ran the 1/8th mile most of time . I ran in the 1/4 and lot's of wheel spin off the line before hooking up . And ran out of rpm about 10 car length's for finish line . And ran a 13.03 . With it in neatural that last 10 car length's. Kenne Bell Buick sponsored me with part's and knowledge. It was a everyday street driven car. I purchased a new med. green Challenger R/T 340 with auto after getting home from Nam in jan. 71. Ended up with a block from Sox & Martin and everything you could do to it , Fair Bank's comp automatic . 4.30 gear's . The track said I had to have roll cage as it ran D modified Production . So I never got any real time's with it . But did run low 14's brand new in 1/4 . Traded it on Chevy Impala in 72 before getting married. Couldn't stand it and found the Buick . I love my new 09 Black Challenger R/T with track pack 3.92 gear's and 6 speed stick .
Old 11-20-2008, 08:17 PM

A tip to help hook up and lower ET
ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Is Madmike87 the same Mike as RubberBndMan here..??

13.2 @ 107 sounds pretty respectable for not hooking up...
I had a 83 Monte Carlo SS proto type. . Had the open rear end with no pos. it would spin for ever on street tire's . Was running 15.70 in 1/4 . And guy with a Police 4 dor Nova with 350 engine . Gave me a tip. When I staged turn the air conditioner on to kill power on take off . And soon as it got moving turn it off. Lowered my ET down to 15 . I was moving and not spinning .