View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 02:02 PM
mopar2ya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G.M/Chrysler merger talks

I think there are a couple of important factors that aren"t addressed in your post though RLSH. The biggest one being they are an investment company. As such I don"t think they ever intended to get in the car manufacturing business. I believe it was purely an investment opportunity... buy low... sell high. The sudden retreat in aut sales caught them off guard and they are probably just wanting to get their proverbial albatrose off thier neck. A cut and run manuever. I don"t think they ever planned on having Chrysler this long when they inked the deal.

As for thier portfolio as investment managers it is probably more than just a little worrysome that there is a potential for bankruptcy at the end of the road. From a professional standpoint a bankruptcy is probably one of the last things they would like to have on thier watch.

If it was just a matter of playing the cards your dealt and making the best hand you can I would have to agree that there is a great opportunity to save Chrysler... but I am not so sure they ever had that in mind.