Thread: ///////////
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:47 AM
10secDodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Life Quarter Mile Times....

I dont have any real information for you there. I usually dont pay attention to the street cars. I run the Mod class and am usually busy trying to keep the race car cool and checking things between rounds. The only info I have if from one guy that told me him and his buddy were there in with another STOCK RT running bottom 14's. his MPH was not far off mine (105~106), but he was all over with his short times. As far as mods...I don't think there are too many running around this area yet....at least at the track.

There were several chargers here...running anywhere from 14's to mid 11's. I did not get to talk to the fast one, but I was told it is heavily modified ie: SC, head work, cam, etc.

Oh, a few more tidbits for you. I was looking under mine at the exhaust. It has a factory X pipe and the front exhaust looks pretty good. In my opinion it is not surprising at all it can run low 13's on a good day. From what I am reading they are close to 400 hp from the factory.

BTW...the Mustang forum is a hoot. It really isn't much different from the Mopar forums. Some reasonable guys...then a couple crazies. I have an idea, the next time I go out, I will let you know. There was one guy on the MS that goes to Dragway 42. I welcome him to meet me there and confirm my car is what I say it is. I am very easy going and would take no offense to doing that at all. I am a car guy and enjoy meeting and chatting with other car guys.