Thread: Remote Start
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 06:10 AM
raj1980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start

My R/T has Remote Start.

Here is how it works, as I understand it.

Remote Start press the button twice... horn will honk twice, the car will lock itself, and the car will start.
You can turn the car off by pressing the button twice again. (The car will automatically shut off after 15 minutes if you don't get inside it.)
You can restart the car again by pressing the button twice again... horn will honk twice, the car will lock itself, and the car will start again.
You can turn it off again by pressing the button twice again.
At this point the Remote Start is disabled, and you will have to get into the car to and start the car... the Remote Start is reset once you start the car normally from the inside.
If you try to Remote Start the Car while it's disabled, the horn will

The auto start is also disabled if the alarm is set off... again to reset the Auto Start you need to start the car normally from inside the car.

My probem is that sometimes, on below freezing mornings, after the car sat all night, when I try to Remote Start the car, I find that it's disabled... because it honks once and locks the doors and does not start.
I know the alarm didn't go off overnight, and I know I didn't Remote Start the car twice in a row.

What can be causing this? Is the cold making the battery have a lower than optimial charge? Am I leaving some accecory on that I shouldn't? Has anyone else had this happen?