Old 11-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Yankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st 24 hrs with my new R/T - full writeup

Well, my new Inferno Red R/T has been with me about 24 hrs now, and here are my thoughts thus far:

POWER: I had the Hemi in my 04 Ram 1500, but this new Hemi is a completely different animal. This car is every bit as quick as my 04 GTO was, and looking forward to it loosening up after break in. The pistol-grip shifts like a hot knife thru butter - nice, tight pattern, barks the hell out of the 1-2 upshift, and even the 2-3 upshift leaves marks as well. Well worth the price of admission. If you're contemplating on getting it, GET IT.

EXHAUST: Boy, does this thing have an exhaust note! This thing is really rumbly and throaty - if I didn't know any better I'd swear it already has a Borla catback system on it. And the Hemi has a VERY sweet induction roar at full (and even part) throttle. I would have easily expected this on an SRT, but it's nice to know us R/T owners didn't get shortchanged in this department.

SEATS: I have the base 27J package without leather, but those seats are really comfortable! I picked the car up in Ft Worth and drove it back to Shreveport last night (about a 3 1/2 hour drive) and I didn't want to get out of the thing. Very snug and near-perfect fit. Nice to know I didn't have to spring for the 28J leather package to get comfortable seats.

LOOKS: Oh my god, need I say more? This thing gets more attention than a Ferrari. Dodge so outdid themselves on this car - hard to believe this is the same company also designed the butt-ugly Jeep Compass and Chrysler Sebring. [sm=bangbang.gif]

QUIBBLES: A few, although very nitpicky. To wit: Why doesn't the driver's seat fold forward? Also... a prop-rod for the hood? I'm guessing these were cost-saving measures, but seriously - how much can a folding seat or hood struts cost? [sm=smiley5.gif]

Also, it'd be nice if the outside temperature could be displayed without having to push the trip odometer button. And why can't the base radio display the time AND the radio station at the same time? [sm=wtf.gif]

But... I shall quibble no more. The "grin" factor is in full force - get me behind that wheel, let me row the pistol-grip, give me my 8 jumping Hemi pistons and get the hell outta my way!!!!! [sm=gears.gif]