View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 03:57 PM
brentmannrt09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First driving impression (dry roads)

Took the black beast for spin to a vintage Musclecar dealer up the road a ways. The salesman there is an older gent who is a wealth of knowledge about the 60's 70's musclecars and kinda a hard core Chevy guy. He kept remarking at how nice it looked then finally got up and headed for the door. He promplty asked me for the keys and said "I ll be easy on her" Well I was a tad nervous (I dont know the man all THAT well) but he took us for a quick romp and had nothing but praise for the car. He said "bring er back when she's broke in and I'll show ya what she can do" (yeah right). But coming from an old Chev guy he really seemed smitten by the car. As for me I LOVE IT! Not often that I have owned a car and really really just kept thinking "damn" "Oh man" "This things Bad Asss" etc. I love the smoothness of the power delivery, subtle when just puttin' around, then it comes on like a rabid dog when you put the boots to it! I had several people swing buy the musclecar place just to get survellience on the car. That hasn't happened since my '69 GTO. Anyway People who aren't car people wont ever get it, but to me this is like a true 2nd chance to get a real Challenger, but without the hard ride and with Nav, CD touchscreen etc.