Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First driving impression (dry roads)

Old 12-01-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First driving impression (dry roads)

Took the black beast for spin to a vintage Musclecar dealer up the road a ways. The salesman there is an older gent who is a wealth of knowledge about the 60's 70's musclecars and kinda a hard core Chevy guy. He kept remarking at how nice it looked then finally got up and headed for the door. He promplty asked me for the keys and said "I ll be easy on her" Well I was a tad nervous (I dont know the man all THAT well) but he took us for a quick romp and had nothing but praise for the car. He said "bring er back when she's broke in and I'll show ya what she can do" (yeah right). But coming from an old Chev guy he really seemed smitten by the car. As for me I LOVE IT! Not often that I have owned a car and really really just kept thinking "damn" "Oh man" "This things Bad Asss" etc. I love the smoothness of the power delivery, subtle when just puttin' around, then it comes on like a rabid dog when you put the boots to it! I had several people swing buy the musclecar place just to get survellience on the car. That hasn't happened since my '69 GTO. Anyway People who aren't car people wont ever get it, but to me this is like a true 2nd chance to get a real Challenger, but without the hard ride and with Nav, CD touchscreen etc.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:10 PM

Default RE: First driving impression (dry roads)

Thanks for the report brentmann... sweet isn"t it..??
Old 12-01-2008, 04:25 PM

Yes I feel truly fortunate to have gotten one! Honestly can say that this ones a keeper!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:05 PM

Wow Brentmann - you are very generous or you live in the middle of nowhere - It is hard for me to share such a beauty with a non-relative
But you are right she is a definite keeper. I don't remember anything as unique as the Challenger and as powerful hitting the roads and turning so many heads. Other cars are fast and nice - BUT the Challenger, SRT or RT is like you said "BAD ASS!" Or in the words of my Middle School principal she is "Crazy Fast!" The electronic gadgets are just an added plus.

Glad you are loving it - we are too! I haven't heard anyone who isn't. Just lots of people wishing they could get one or waiting to get the one who is right for them.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:40 PM

Normally I wouldn't trust anyone other than the wife and I but this guys drives $100K+ musclecars all the time so I knew he'd be respectful. (but I was still nervous)
Old 12-02-2008, 04:00 AM

I can relate with this. One of the service managers at the dealership I bought the car at asked me if he could take my SRT for a run as he was thinking about buying one and the dealership would not let the service managers drive any of the cars in stock. I gave him the FOB and said lets go! I do think he will be buying one in is future.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:48 AM

I took a neighbor and his wife for a ride yeasterday. They were grinning and holding on tight like it was a roller coaster ride. After we got back to the house all they would say is the 2005 300 they have is going in for trade right away. My wife told them I told this was no family car, it's a muscle car. One of the little neighbor kids who is around 7 or 8 said yea, CRUSH is a pretty fast car.

You know I had the GRIN!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:39 AM

And it's not that someone else will screw up the motor or anything, I just personally do not like being a passenger in a fast car. I was a passenger in a buddys C5 vette with a 540 cu Lingenfelter big block motor (650 dyno'd) hp scared the beans outta me!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: brentmannrt09

Yes I feel truly fortunate to have gotten one! Honestly can say that this ones a keeper!
That's how we all feel.......