View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Soldier4lyfe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best time to buy

thats absolutely true. I used to work for a dealership a little over a year ago, and the end of the month is the best time. And right near the end of the day. Most if not all dealers will bend over backwards to get one more sale in.

Also avoid addendum labels (the label next to the window sticker). Those are dealer added items that will guarantee the sller a commission regardless. In these cases you sometimes have to pay for items you do not want. And no matter what they may tell you it is your right to tell them to remove those items if you do not want them. I worked for a dealer that though commission based paid the same commission no matter what I sold. Be it a 4,000 dollar used car or a 100,000 dollar Viper. And then 10% of all accessories added thereafter. For most sales reps this is where the money is, accessories. When you ask to see the full line of accessories is when they get excited and will do almost anything for your business.

I have been doing research for quite some time and though I have enough saved up I am waiting till after the holiday season or right at the end of december before I go near a dealership. I am also going through USAA and hope to have everything in stone on paper when I go in there to avoid being there all night. With that being said does anyone know where I can find a list with prices of ALL available options and accessories for the Challenger. The Dodge website is a total letdown and because I am so young when I do go into dealers I am refused any and all literature.