View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 12:34 PM
awsure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FREE THE DOG!

I don't know if you all like the Dog but I am a big fan. If W let's him get extradited to friggin Mexico I'll be pissed.

Bounty hunter 'Dog' posts $300,000 bail

Associated Press

Sunday, September 17, 2006

HONOLULU (AP) -- TV reality star Duane (Dog) Chapman and two co-stars accused of illegal detention and conspiracy in the bounty hunters' capture of a cosmetics company heir in Mexico have been released from jail after posting bail.

Chapman was released on US$300,000 bail Friday after spending the night in a federal detention centre. His co-stars on the popular A&E show Dog The Bounty Hunter were freed on $100,000 US bail each.

Chapman, his son, Leland Chapman, and associate Timothy Chapman, no relation, were arrested Thursday on charges stemming from the capture of Max Factor heir Andrew Luster on June 18, 2003, in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, officials said.

Chapman's capture of Luster, who had fled the United States during his trial on charges he raped three women, catapulted the 53-year-old bounty hunter to fame and led to the reality series on A&E. Luster is currently serving a 124-year prison term.

Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico, and charges have been pending against the three men since local police in Mexico arrested them shortly after they roped in Luster. They posted bail but never returned for their court hearing in July 2003, officials said.

Chapman made the sign of the cross and mouthed "I love you" to his wife, who was sitting in the front row of the crowded courtroom Friday.

The men are now required to wear electronic monitoring devices until they return to court for extradition hearings to face trial in Mexico. The judge said they were not flight risks.

Chapman and his tattooed crew were ordered to surrender their passports, to stay in Hawaii and not possess any firearms.

Defence lawyer Brook Hart, who successfully argued during the hearing that his clients have no reason to be locked up, called the devices "overkill" but did not object to their use.I