Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

FREE THE DOG!

Old 09-17-2006, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FREE THE DOG!

I don't know if you all like the Dog but I am a big fan. If W let's him get extradited to friggin Mexico I'll be pissed.

Bounty hunter 'Dog' posts $300,000 bail

Associated Press

Sunday, September 17, 2006

HONOLULU (AP) -- TV reality star Duane (Dog) Chapman and two co-stars accused of illegal detention and conspiracy in the bounty hunters' capture of a cosmetics company heir in Mexico have been released from jail after posting bail.

Chapman was released on US$300,000 bail Friday after spending the night in a federal detention centre. His co-stars on the popular A&E show Dog The Bounty Hunter were freed on $100,000 US bail each.

Chapman, his son, Leland Chapman, and associate Timothy Chapman, no relation, were arrested Thursday on charges stemming from the capture of Max Factor heir Andrew Luster on June 18, 2003, in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, officials said.

Chapman's capture of Luster, who had fled the United States during his trial on charges he raped three women, catapulted the 53-year-old bounty hunter to fame and led to the reality series on A&E. Luster is currently serving a 124-year prison term.

Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico, and charges have been pending against the three men since local police in Mexico arrested them shortly after they roped in Luster. They posted bail but never returned for their court hearing in July 2003, officials said.

Chapman made the sign of the cross and mouthed "I love you" to his wife, who was sitting in the front row of the crowded courtroom Friday.

The men are now required to wear electronic monitoring devices until they return to court for extradition hearings to face trial in Mexico. The judge said they were not flight risks.

Chapman and his tattooed crew were ordered to surrender their passports, to stay in Hawaii and not possess any firearms.

Defence lawyer Brook Hart, who successfully argued during the hearing that his clients have no reason to be locked up, called the devices "overkill" but did not object to their use.I
Old 09-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: FREE THE DOG!

I find this confusing. He is accused of being involved with bounty hunting and holding some one captive, or is this the phrase "bounty hunting" now have a stupid new meaning that I was not informed about that is supposed to be a compliment like the word "Pimp" is supposed to now mean successful with women.

All I have to say is I don't know who this guy is but if he is found guilty of doing something wrong, he should be punished. Celebrities shouldn't be above the law, peroid. We let them off too often.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-17-2006, 11:17 PM

He went to Mexico and brought back a guy (heir to Max Factor fortune) who had been convicted of triple rape and then fled to Mexico. In Mexico bounty hunting is illegal so they want to punish him for it. The Dog has a show on A&E...surprised you have not heard about him. Me & my wife dressed up as him and (now wife) Beth for Halloween last year. She is exceptionally gifted (Google some pics & you'll see what I mean).

He is really an interesting guy. Check out the show or his webiste sometime ( www.dogthebountyhunter.com )
Old 09-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

I actually don't watch that much TV. I'll read through that tomorrow and respond further. I've got stuff I still have to do right now.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-18-2006, 10:04 AM

I am not fond of the show, BUT I don't like this double standard Bull$#@$. First MExico wouldn't extradite the criminal that fled. But yet they want US to extradite the Dog for getting that criminal. We have to follow there f'n laws, but yet they don't feel they neeed to follow our laws. And all this because "WE need to be good to all other countries" mentallity. [:'(]

Sorry for the rant. I could keep on going, but I will refrain from blowing a gasket.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

I am not fond of the show, BUT I don't like this double standard Bull$#@$. First MExico wouldn't extradite the criminal that fled. But yet they want US to extradite the Dog for getting that criminal. We have to follow there f'n laws, but yet they don't feel they neeed to follow our laws. And all this because "WE need to be good to all other countries" mentallity. [:'(]

Sorry for the rant. I could keep on going, but I will refrain from blowing a gasket.
That is a good point. Now this is making sense. It is part of the show that he bounty hunts.

Now that I get the whole situation, I say I agree with both of you. I don't get it why foreign countries allow criminals to flee to them. The mentality that I think needs to begin is you have a person who is a criminal in your country, either you give him/her to us or we'll take them out and we don't care if you don't like it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-18-2006, 08:43 PM

Rant away...I totally agree. Living in Phoenix (like CA) the border is a real hot issue right now. I empathize for the Mexican people that just want a place to work and earn a living. I do think if the country wasn't so backward and their government wasn't so corrupt they wouldn't need to come here tofind that work. If I were Dog I would fight tooth and nail to avoid going there. They will try to make an example out of him and bury him in a Mexican prison.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: awsure

Rant away...I totally agree. Living in Phoenix (like CA) the border is a real hot issue right now. I empathize for the Mexican people that just want a place to work and earn a living. I do think if the country wasn't so backward and their government wasn't so corrupt they wouldn't need to come here tofind that work. If I were Dog I would fight tooth and nail to avoid going there. They will try to make an example out of him and bury him in a Mexican prison.
That is a lot of their problem. They need to reform their governmental system. I hope he gets out of this mess.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts