View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 03:02 AM
epegasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So Which is Quicker?

Street light to street light you aren't going to see a great deal of difference. The SRT will pull the R/T by a few tenths. BUT, if you're talking roll-ons from 60 through a gear or 2, the SRT will more significantly leave the R/T. The 6.1 is a good bit stronger through the mid-range and upper end. Especially when you consider the extra revs we have so our shift points come later and less frequent. And if you keep your foot planted the R/T definitely isn't going to clear a buck 70.

And finally, when it comes to slowing it all down, the SRTs aren't going to boil the pads off the calipers and warp the rotors. Throw some curves into the mix and the lower center of gravity and stiffer suspension on the SRT are going to prevail. Either way you look at it...

I sense that you are trying to suggest that the performance difference between the R/T and the SRT doesn't justify the extra cost. That may be true if all you need is a street drag car. Personally, I'm more into road racing and F1 so the total package is what I'm into. That makes the extra cash a very good investment.

ORIGINAL: 6SPDHEMI

Well this has become a heated debate. I was simply asking if anyone has actually put these numbers to use. The comatose guy in the Ferrari comment knocked me right out of my seat LOL. Paladin06 is the only one who actually answered the post. yes the numbers show the SRT is slightly faster (4 tenths is not much at all) and yes if someone cant drive stick is behind the wheel yada, yada but let's hear some experiences. I completely roasted a 07 Mustang GT the other day without a doubt but again apples and oranges. I just think that despite all the expensive extras the SRT comes with(Brembo brakes especially) they are quite comparable beasts. The SRT is obviously the "better package" but the R/T w/ 6 speed is nothing to sneeze at. Let's put these numbers down on the pavement, guys!