Thread: Hood Vents
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 06:42 PM
canadiancanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hood Vents

ok so you are all going to laugh .... after this was posted I figured hey what the hell I'll go out and look more at it, so 10mins later I attempted the swap, was FREAKIN easy.... ok , so i used a piece of paper towel, a very thin flat head screw driver and rivet remover..... ok so

your local auto store should have a rivet remover.... it's like a screwdriver but it looks sort of like a Y at the end of it, it designed to assist in removing the plastic clips without breaking them.... anyways.

anyways I placed the rolled/ folded papertowel and took the flat screwdriver and gently started to tuck the screwdriver and papertowel into the bottom of the lip of the insert, and gently pryed up, enough to get the rivet tool under the lip of the scoop, so I removed the screwdriver and left the rivet tool ontop of the papertowel and slowly slid it to the center of the scoop, and gently pryed up and it popped the scoop out, it was really quite simple and easy, I fed the rubber flange through and popped the new scoops into place and pressed the center of the scoop til it clicked into place.

if you lift from the center of the scoop it releases both of the clips, when you look at the new inserts the clips look really long, well they aren't and they do pop up very easy.