View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 10:20 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New job for Challenger

"One man's junk is another's man's treasure"
Only problem is that most who break into a house are looking for things to sell..for drug money. They really don't care about the real value of anything...just what few dollars they can get for "your" stiff...
RLSH700, you sound like you have the same type of library at your house as I do. I have almost every Mopar Magazine written from the 70s to present (I will be selling them off this year...need the room), plus most "how-to" books on Mopars. But the pride of my book collection is my assortment of over 100 "signed" autobiographies from World War Two Aviators, such as "Pappy" Boyington, Paul Tibbets and crew of the Enola Gay, Erich Hartmann (352 Kills), Robert Scott (God is My Co-Pilot), Gunther Rall (275 Kills), Robert Morgan (Memphis Belle), to name but a few. But even more than just having a book that's signed, I was able to meet most all of these individuals...Hero's all...that's what makes these books more than just pages of history. (most all "have gone west" now...an old aviation expression for having passed away)
It is the emotional ties of your stiff, that give them a value over and above any dollar value they actually have. To bad "the bad guys" will take something from you, and trade it for a few dollars and a quick high..............sad as they will soon forget...but you never will...