View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 07:28 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Special Thank You to Chrysler

ORIGINAL: AF Pilot

These bailouts to Wall St and the auto companies gets me pretty angry.

As a member of the military I do what I'm told, salute smartly and press on flying an aircraft into combat that is over 40 years old...yes 40 years old. Its basically a roll of the dice to see what will go wrong with the plane each and every time I lift off the ground. The technology on the aircraft is so old that the engines can be started by the crew chief outside by a pry bar.

That 700 billion already allocated to the bailout plan and the 25 or so that's going to the automakers and the additional trillion planned could have bought quite a few new planes to replace planes in the Air Force inventory that are 40 or even 50 years old. Maybe we should mandate that people keep their cars for 40 years...then things may change.

Just my $.69 on the matter
I agree 100%. That is what I was talking about proper funding to the other things that ARE the responsibility of the Government. The only thing holding Ford and GM back from fixing their obvious problems were themselves. The thing that really irritates me is seeing that GM continued to go down the path of phasing out their reliable engines with the garbage ones they use today despite the warning signs. Ford knew several of their designs were fundamentally flawed, yet they continued making them instead of abandoning them and replacing them with their better quality designs. I'm more forgiving of Chrysler since they were on the right path before Eaton literally sold them out, yet I believe that the far from bankrupt owners Cerberus and Daimler should be the ones to bail them out (especially Daimler for destroying them).

The banks should never have been bailed out, and frankly many people in Congress and in Fanny and Freddie should go to prison in China where they will not be given luxury treatment like the types of Paris Hilton received for their short stay for their contribution to this disaster.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts