View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 03:25 AM
tskatz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with the idea.

Toyota's, Honda's and Nissan move cars in volume and keep many units at the port and rail yard to replace sold inventory. That's how things were done before the economic crunch. Chrysler is getting their inventory to very scarey levels and not building Challengers, Chargers and 300's to replace the very few on dealer lots. 188 SE''s for the whole US. that's nothing. SRT's are sitting around which is why even in limited production they out number R/T's. I did a search of all the dealers big and small in a 200 mile area around my home. The largest inventory was at Landmark Dodge who does advertise on this site. They are in Morrow, GA. They had 14 Challengers before the weekend with most being SRT's. This is where I bought my car. I will never go back there because the manager(s) I delt with lied to me about available interest rates. I refinanced my car on my own and lowered my rate significantly. I did get the exact car I wanted and should have never let them even touch my financing so that's on me. I think if you want an SRT it's a great time to buy one. If you want a R/T or SE and you can find one close to your personal desire buy it unless the deal is bad. There are not enough R/T's and S/E's nationwide to make much of a presence on the road. I believe Chrysler's current inventory management is based upon a cash flow problem. They don't have the cash flow to pay their suppilers. Why would you let a hot product with many sold orders nationwide sit idle and not build the car? Believe me, if Chrysler had the cash to pay the Challenger vendors cars would be rolling out of Bramption.