Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Dealer Inventories

Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Dealer Inventories

Just checked vehix.com. Nationally, there are 1,186 Challenges on dealer lots (23 of which are 2008s). Here is the breakdown:

522- SRTs (49 within 100 miles of Philadelphia)
475- R/Ts
188- SEs

If anyone is looking for a Challenger, there has to be good deals out there.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Looks as if the new Challenger will continue to be a rare bird on the road....You will not be able to see the Challengers through all the new Camaros, when they come out.....
Old 03-18-2009, 06:12 PM

not rly ...the challenger is outselling the mustang right now....with the camaro it should balance things out..
Old 03-18-2009, 09:33 PM

You know, I doubt the new Mustang has anywhere near the sales the current body shell did when it first came out. From the pics I've seen of it, it's just not that special. Hence, I predict the Challenger will continue outselling the Mustang. The Camaro, though, could be a different story.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:54 AM

Default Birmingham, Alabama

This city had four Dodge Dealers. I was only able to find three SRT8's in stock. No other Challengers for sale at all.
I don't believe that 1100-1200 total Challengers for sale nationwide is a large number. With the SE as the volume seller I would say that their is not significant inventory nationwide. The inventory numbers are not significant as you look at them by specific model. Brampton needs to crank up and build some cars.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by tskatz
This city had four Dodge Dealers. I was only able to find three SRT8's in stock. No other Challengers for sale at all.
I don't believe that 1100-1200 total Challengers for sale nationwide is a large number. With the SE as the volume seller I would say that their is not significant inventory nationwide. The inventory numbers are not significant as you look at them by specific model. Brampton needs to crank up and build some cars.
Didn't happen last week, my dealer told me that they were off for the week, March Break (spring break) up here in Ontario.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:19 PM

Richmond, VA 3 dealers no Challengers
Old 03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BLK 6050
Looks as if the new Challenger will continue to be a rare bird on the road....You will not be able to see the Challengers through all the new Camaros, when they come out.....
Actually I'm seeing quite a few Challengers on the road. Remember the Camaro wasn't exactly flying off the lot when GM killed them last time and they had the advantage in "bang for the buck."

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-21-2009, 04:14 PM

Actually, the big 3 are trying to mimic the Japanese business plan of having less stock sitting on the lots. This reduces overhead/cost, and leads the buyers to believe they're harder to get, which gives the dealer the upper hand in making a deal.
Chrysler HAD been working on the 180 day stock level - at any time, if the plants shut down, the dealerships had (theoretically) 180 days worth of stock to get them through until the model was being built again. Now, it appears they're more in line with the 60 day plan (which the Japanese used partly because of time to ship overseas, and the US hopes circumvents possible strikes by UAW/CAW). The ideal is supposed to be something like 45 days worth of stock.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:25 AM

Default Problem with the idea.

Toyota's, Honda's and Nissan move cars in volume and keep many units at the port and rail yard to replace sold inventory. That's how things were done before the economic crunch. Chrysler is getting their inventory to very scarey levels and not building Challengers, Chargers and 300's to replace the very few on dealer lots. 188 SE''s for the whole US. that's nothing. SRT's are sitting around which is why even in limited production they out number R/T's. I did a search of all the dealers big and small in a 200 mile area around my home. The largest inventory was at Landmark Dodge who does advertise on this site. They are in Morrow, GA. They had 14 Challengers before the weekend with most being SRT's. This is where I bought my car. I will never go back there because the manager(s) I delt with lied to me about available interest rates. I refinanced my car on my own and lowered my rate significantly. I did get the exact car I wanted and should have never let them even touch my financing so that's on me. I think if you want an SRT it's a great time to buy one. If you want a R/T or SE and you can find one close to your personal desire buy it unless the deal is bad. There are not enough R/T's and S/E's nationwide to make much of a presence on the road. I believe Chrysler's current inventory management is based upon a cash flow problem. They don't have the cash flow to pay their suppilers. Why would you let a hot product with many sold orders nationwide sit idle and not build the car? Believe me, if Chrysler had the cash to pay the Challenger vendors cars would be rolling out of Bramption.

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventories