View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 06:28 AM
MaryAnn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Axel
These dealers aren't budging because they know that eventually they'll get what they want, even if the car sits there for a while. If they don't, then I guess they think they haven't lost anything and will eventually bring the car down, but they won't lose what they would on employee pricing. I thought that they were stupid as a Challenger SRT-8 was sitting in the show room forever, but eventually they ended up selling it for $50,000, $10k above MSRP. I guess there are idiots, or rich people, out there that will give in to their demands.

As for being loyal, it doesn't seem to mean a darn thing when it comes to these guys. I bought two cars from these guys in the past, they still would do only MSRP, or so I thought. Come to find out later the salesman didn't talk to the manager and the manager said he would only do $3,000 above MSRP.

Bought yet another car from another dealership and they pulled everything they could to get me into the Challenger without telling me the price, which was well above MSRP. The last dealer started at MSRP and then agreed to employee pricing, but the car never came in and they didn't seem to hard pressed to put up a fight to get me another one from anywhere else.

Basically, if you think you have a good dealership, you might, until you want a popular car then they don't care about customer loyalty. The true test comes to those times and I only found one true dealer even if they were almost two states away.

"These dealers aren't budging because they know that eventually they'll get what they want, even if the car sits there for a while".

The Dealership I bought mine at bent over backwards to make the deal. A $39,000 car bought for $32,000 plus 3 full tanks of gas the few times I've had the car back. You guys better come to PA and see Alex and Bob at ROTHROCK Dodge in Allentown PA. Tell them I sent you I get $100.00 for a referral.