Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Employee Pricing for all

Old 04-09-2009, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's something to confuse people a little more. This was e-mailed to me from the dealer.

I just wanted to let you know, that we have on our lot the all new legendary 09 Challenger SE. If you looking for a muscle car with great fuel economy and price value, then look no further. The Challenger SE boast a 250HP/250Torque with modern day technology and is great vehicle for your teenager's with a Lifetime Warranty. Employee Pricing Plus applies to this model vehicle. Schedule a test drive with me today. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Axel
These dealers aren't budging because they know that eventually they'll get what they want, even if the car sits there for a while. If they don't, then I guess they think they haven't lost anything and will eventually bring the car down, but they won't lose what they would on employee pricing. I thought that they were stupid as a Challenger SRT-8 was sitting in the show room forever, but eventually they ended up selling it for $50,000, $10k above MSRP. I guess there are idiots, or rich people, out there that will give in to their demands.

As for being loyal, it doesn't seem to mean a darn thing when it comes to these guys. I bought two cars from these guys in the past, they still would do only MSRP, or so I thought. Come to find out later the salesman didn't talk to the manager and the manager said he would only do $3,000 above MSRP.

Bought yet another car from another dealership and they pulled everything they could to get me into the Challenger without telling me the price, which was well above MSRP. The last dealer started at MSRP and then agreed to employee pricing, but the car never came in and they didn't seem to hard pressed to put up a fight to get me another one from anywhere else.

Basically, if you think you have a good dealership, you might, until you want a popular car then they don't care about customer loyalty. The true test comes to those times and I only found one true dealer even if they were almost two states away.

"These dealers aren't budging because they know that eventually they'll get what they want, even if the car sits there for a while".

The Dealership I bought mine at bent over backwards to make the deal. A $39,000 car bought for $32,000 plus 3 full tanks of gas the few times I've had the car back. You guys better come to PA and see Alex and Bob at ROTHROCK Dodge in Allentown PA. Tell them I sent you I get $100.00 for a referral.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:17 AM

That's the part that I mentioned if a dealer works with you on a rare car like this, definitely stick with them for future purchases. Mine was in Kansas and I'm in Colorado. I may not get anything for a referral, they didn't mention anything, but I would send someone there in a heart beat. The best group of people I have dealt with in a dealership ever.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:37 PM

I ordered mine Jan 09, my invoice says I am elligible for any and all incentives at time of delivery. I wonder if that means employee pricing as well ?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 AM

how do you find out the dealers invoice??? im not talking about the invoice on the window sticker. i'm talking about like a "net invoice" of what the dealership actually paid for the car itself and possibly manufacturer to dealer incentives NOT employee incentives or customer incentives.

i did read on cars.com that they were offering 3k customer cash back on ALL challenger models. doesn't mean the dealerships have to participate in it but still.

my parents bought a 09 hemi ram and the dealer kept throwing out the fact that he's allowed to work with 8k as some sort of employee price. the way he was wording it made it seem like he was purposely doing it to seal the deal. are there any dealers on the site that can explain this or people in "the know". haha i know fat chance of that happening. When the 05 mustangs first came out you'd be surprised about how dealers in other states would spill the beans about their tricks just to screw over other dealerships.

i'm mainly just trying to get a ball park of what 5% over actual invoice would be. i know for a fact the dealers in my city dodge/toyota/ford average about 3% commission and live very well from it.

is 1% over sticker invoice better than employee pricing?

Last edited by HEMI04; 04-22-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:48 AM

1% over invoice wouldn't be a bad deal, but it wouldn't be employee pricing. We have a Friends and Family program here through our company that's 1% under invoice, but it's still not better then employee pricing.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:15 PM

I'm new to the forums. I recently have wanted to purchase a new Camaro which I like and am happy with the power they will have but I think the Challenger is a slight bit better looking than the Camaro. My main problem with the SRT8 is the huge cost comparative to the Camaro. I don't mind the extra 300lbs or so depending on options. My question is: approx what price would I be looking to spend on an RT with a few options or a SRT8 comparative to list ? Im not sure what deals that Dodge currently have. I think that if I am correct Dodge is offering employee pricing on the RT and not the SRT8 is that right ? and what additional deals are the dealers willing to do ? if anyone could help with the info I would really appreciate it.
Thank you
Old 04-28-2009, 12:25 PM

Angry

They aren,t offering anything on the Challengers,that sucks,
Old 05-04-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Axel
1% over invoice wouldn't be a bad deal, but it wouldn't be employee pricing. We have a Friends and Family program here through our company that's 1% under invoice, but it's still not better then employee pricing.
i know quite a few people that work at my local dodge that get it for far cheaper than the employee pricing they advertise. so to me that means employee pricing is just a catch phrase to give comfort to consumers in general... my sister works for AT&T and she gets a discount from ford/dodge of 1% over invoice. our local dodge won't honor it for some reason (i think greed) so she's looking in the denver area now. they also don't have anything about a friends/family program just our ford does. i honestly thought they'd have to honor her discount. it DOES exclude srt8 models but she wants a v6 anyways. its posted on edmunds or somewhere else that there is a 3K cash back incentive on ALL challenger models... i thought dealers are allowed to not honor something like that instead of a work related discount... kinda weird.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:32 AM

I call it Friends and Family because I never remember the name of it. That's Ford's plan. I'm to lazy to look it up most of the time. The name of Chrysler's is Chrysler's Affiliates, 1% over invoice and no, the dealer doesn't have to honor it. Greed is usually the number one reason.

The employee pricing is real, but it doesn't mean it applies to all of the employees. I'm sure there are others in there that get better discounts. Ford has the same thing, but at the time I was getting the Friends and Family program which also included the employee pricing on the sheet they showed me. Mine wasn't better than the employee pricing so I took no comfort in it that's for sure.