View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro at the dealer

So they are putting a demo Camaro at dealerships, a RS, and invinting people for the launch of them, you know with food and drink, everything Dodge didn't really do. I'm going to the launches, two of them, to bring my Challenger, which should be a blast after this last experience. They happened to have a sign up this Sat stating that the 2010 Camaro was there. We decided, my wife and I, to go and check it out. Not impressed. It's nice for a car, but retro it is not. The trunk is decent, the opening is not. The inside is strange, but useable. Overall, not great, but not terrible, retro Camaro it is not.

Anyway, there was a couple there, with kids, just drooling over it, checking it out over and over, you know walking around it. The husband asked my wife, "isn't it great", and my wife responded, "eh." Kind of like, eh, it's ok type of response. After a while they finally left and I saw him walking towars his Dodge Ram when he glimpsed my Challenger parked a few spaces up the way. I was just waiting for that chance. He walked over to my Challenger, I met him over there, he asked if it was mine and I told him it was. I let him check it out and he fell in love, loved the stick shift and everything, his wife admitted that he would get in trouble with it.

After asking me some other questions about it he said that he preferred the Challenger over the Camaro. Oh that was great, but that didn't top it off. After my wife and I signed up for the reveal luncheon thing, we got in the car and a sales person came walking over. He asked me some questions, said nice car and then said "don't tell my manager, but I like the Challenger better then the Camaro." Oh that was the greatest thing to end that whole experience.

Needless to say, I can't wait to see how many people go from wanting the Camaro to wanting the Challenger. Of course if everyone is going to have to wait months for the Challenger to be built after they ordered it, they may just turn around and get the Camaro after all. I still think that one moment will be worth it though. I wonder if they'll let me pull my Challenger up next to the 67 Camaro and the new Camaro that they are bringing in? It would be great if I could get someone with an old Challenger to come along with me. The true comparison. Oh would those Chevy people at those dealerships be mad.