Thread: Hemi=Dinosaur
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 07:10 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your approval. Reading that just boiled my blood like I'm sure you all felt. I just had to let it out. It amazes me how arrogant some of these people are that they will get rid of something popular and successful purely because they didn't build it themselves. I get sick of fools like these constantly trashing Chrysler and the rest of the American car companies who have far more valuable assets and talents than they realize. I just hope that this guy isn't as foolish as Dr. Z and gets it that Chrysler does the best when they are Chrysler, and not when they are being forced into being something they are not "Ze best of american und GERMAN engineering!"

Seriously though, what does he think they will use in the trucks? I doubt any farmer, any construction worker, or anyone else who uses their truck for something other than commuting would ever consider having one of their high revving V8 engines let alone having only a V6. The Hemi has its place in the product line up and the name is still extremely valuable. Keeping it in the car line up is the wise idea not only because it sells well because it is fast, fuel efficient, reliable, and sounds tough, but the cost effectiveness of mass production is also an advantage. This is also part of their identity and competitive advantage. So far, no one has been able to match them in making a V8 like this in countries outside of the U.S. and despite what some might want to believe, this is what gives them an edge.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts