View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 05:42 PM
canadiancanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well...... I just got the estimate. $6238.46 and this is just a preliminary estimate as they haven't really torn down anything, we are in a holding pattern waiting to hear from a DSM. I feel bad I had to light the fire to get an answer at this point today. I think me showing up at the dealership and emptying out the car left them perplexed. The estimator came and said "oh hey Chris I have your estimate done now... did you want me to email it to you.." I looked at him and said "at this point I didn't care what you do with it, I'm walking away from the car, and that it isn't worth the $30,000 to put my family behind the wheel of that death trap" and left calmly. Well I had calls out the ying yang from everyone at the dealership........ so now we sit, and the kicker is apparently I don't have the "special" coverage that gets me into a rental during the time down..... so now I have to wait and then call Chrysler and see what they will do.

It's frustrating, and I hate to think about the worst case of this, I'm sure is an easy issue to tend to..... oh well, I'm going to just wait it out and see what happens.

Last edited by canadiancanuck; 07-07-2009 at 10:13 AM.