View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
canadiancanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well he's willing to take on the case, however he put the cost into persective, he needs a $10,000 retainer up front, we will sue for the value of the car and seek legal fees as well, but this could drag out for years and be EXTREMELY coatly for me, to the point where I can't afford to pay him anymore, and if we did win a judgement, I'd get the value of my car, and maybe a portion of legal fees back, so is it worth the possibility of this dragging out and only recouping some of my costs or just face a $7000 fix.

I did however get a call from the dealership after I mentioned lawsuit and they are willing to buy back my car less the taxes, so I lose $1300, BUT I have to pay for the damages to the car, so an additional $7000 and then I have to spend the vehicle allowance at the dealership, and he can order me a new 2010 Challenger, but not at what I paid for mine even though it would be the same car. Option for Option, so I pay taxes again, and the difference, so in total I figure I'm out $11,000 on car on a car less than 8mos old.