View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 05:15 PM
nickp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 18forever
Well I finially got the spings yesterday and got them installed today. Took about 4 hours for the whole project, little learning curve in there. The fronts were easy and only took about an hour for both. Just drop the struts and replace the springs. Dodge gave plenty of room for this, really thought ahead for maintenance. The backs were trickier. With the hub hanging down I installed the sprng compressor then used a trans jack to raise the hub and tightened the compressor as the spring compressed. Once I got to the point of lifting the car off the hoist then I just got in there with a wrench and tightened until I couldn't. Lowered the jack and still had to use a pry bar to get the spring clear of the seat, then it just came right out. Next I unbolted the lower spring perch from the frame side and used the jack to lower it until the new spring went in. Lined it up and jacked it back up into place and bolted everything down. I love the hieght now and yes the springs are a touch stiffer but there still new, should soften with time. Took if to the dealer to have them check the alignment and they said it was still on the mark, didn't charge me anything for the check up. Here are the before and after pics.
What did these run you? I would be interested also to see what someone would charge to install them.