Notices
Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Eibach Springs

Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eibach Springs

ORIGINAL: canadiancanuck

sorry, no I haven't installed them yet, the car has been in and out of the dealership for the misfore issue, but they are in the trunk ready to go on, can't wait.
Make sure you post pics, CC. I want to see how the car looks when you're done.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:58 PM

Default RE: Eibach Springs

I actually sent back my Eibachs and purchased the SRT8 front and rear springs, keeps the parts OEm, and warranty and they are a bit lower then Eibachs, but yes I'll post pics, I get them installed on Friday
Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 PM

Default Got The Eibachs Installed

Well I finially got the spings yesterday and got them installed today. Took about 4 hours for the whole project, little learning curve in there. The fronts were easy and only took about an hour for both. Just drop the struts and replace the springs. Dodge gave plenty of room for this, really thought ahead for maintenance. The backs were trickier. With the hub hanging down I installed the sprng compressor then used a trans jack to raise the hub and tightened the compressor as the spring compressed. Once I got to the point of lifting the car off the hoist then I just got in there with a wrench and tightened until I couldn't. Lowered the jack and still had to use a pry bar to get the spring clear of the seat, then it just came right out. Next I unbolted the lower spring perch from the frame side and used the jack to lower it until the new spring went in. Lined it up and jacked it back up into place and bolted everything down. I love the hieght now and yes the springs are a touch stiffer but there still new, should soften with time. Took if to the dealer to have them check the alignment and they said it was still on the mark, didn't charge me anything for the check up. Here are the before and after pics.
Attached Thumbnails before.jpg   after.jpg  
Old 04-01-2009, 02:26 PM

Have you noticed any performance gains? I know if I drop mine it will look better but I'm worried about the drop affecting my launch at the strip.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:33 PM

Default Front Suspension question

Whenever I make a sharp right or left turn I hear a small popping sound coming from the front where I belive it is the suspension. Going to take it to the dealership Monday. Has anyone had any problems simuliar to mine?
Old 11-01-2009, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by 18forever
Well I finially got the spings yesterday and got them installed today. Took about 4 hours for the whole project, little learning curve in there. The fronts were easy and only took about an hour for both. Just drop the struts and replace the springs. Dodge gave plenty of room for this, really thought ahead for maintenance. The backs were trickier. With the hub hanging down I installed the sprng compressor then used a trans jack to raise the hub and tightened the compressor as the spring compressed. Once I got to the point of lifting the car off the hoist then I just got in there with a wrench and tightened until I couldn't. Lowered the jack and still had to use a pry bar to get the spring clear of the seat, then it just came right out. Next I unbolted the lower spring perch from the frame side and used the jack to lower it until the new spring went in. Lined it up and jacked it back up into place and bolted everything down. I love the hieght now and yes the springs are a touch stiffer but there still new, should soften with time. Took if to the dealer to have them check the alignment and they said it was still on the mark, didn't charge me anything for the check up. Here are the before and after pics.
What did these run you? I would be interested also to see what someone would charge to install them.