View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Doozle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI: Public Service Announcement!

FYI: Suspecious Email Spammers! This past week I've been receiving several suspicious email from members on this site saying my computer had virus's on it. Today I received notification from supposedly this forums site administrators that not only was my computer infected but my account was about to be deleted as a result. Spent the better part of an hour with McAfee Anti Virus tech support and found no email virus's whatsoever. As of today my computer got a cleanbill of health.
Point I'm trying to make is there are members here on this site who have no interest other then get you to infect your computer with there crap. Check and make sure your anti virus software is working and up to date. If you don't currently use any anti virus protection, get some immediately if not sooner. Don't click on anything from anyone especially from people purporting to be be site administrators with messages saying dire consequences are in the works for you unless you comply.
The people doing this are spineless, losers whao truly have nothing better to do with themselves then to go around and infect other peoples computers. If you get an email like I just described, don't panic. Run a virus scan on your computer and believe with its telling you and not some phishing fool who wants nothing more then spread a virus to "YOUR" computer.
I really wish some one who actually has autority that could actually do something about this vexing problem would spend the time and look into it thoroughly. Hey there's no shortage of 2008 & up Challenger based forums on the web these days. Your computers health and well being are in your hands. Be proactive, don't wait for trouble & virus's to find you!