Old 10-12-2010, 01:00 PM
stumps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shopping for new challenger - looking for feedback on the future of this line

I'm new to this board, and I'm looking for information on the fate and future of the Dodge CHallenger. I've read the following in the last few weeks:

there will be no 2011 Dodge Challengers - it's the end of the line for the Challenger

Dodge is skipping the 2011 model year and is going straight for the 2012 model year to be released in 2012.

I know that the Challenger is a slow seller - averaging about 1 car per dealership per month. I have been watching the inventory in a 50 mile radius for the last 3 months. I don't have to make this purchase any time soon, so I figure I'd wait and see what's going on. They are indeed moving slowly, and inventories have actually gone up, meaning that Dodge is trying to clear out the 2010s.

I really like this car - like the lines, I feel it really captured the old body style more so than the Camaro, which looks like the batmobile. It's wider than the other muscle/pony cars, it's more comfy inside, and has a more practical trunk, back seat, etc. However, I don't want to put money into something that won't be around much longer, and given where Chrysler is as a corporation, I don't have much faith in the direction it's heading. I'd hate to be stuck with a car that's difficult to get serviced or that the company waivers on standing behind.

I'm looking at the V6, BTW. Yes, the RT and SRT8 are great cars, but the price is way out of line for what you get. Besides, this would be my daily commuter vehicle.

So... any thoughts out there on the future of the Challenger? To be honest, I'm surprised dealers aren't discounting prices more than they are, these things are not moving at all, so I'm expecting more eager dealerships, but I haven't found them yet.

THanks for any feedback...