View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Doozle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I've been able to read & ascertain the Dodge Challenger "will" still be made up to and including the year 2014. Now that's according to the President of Fiat, Europe. Apparently he doesn't want "rock the boat" or make any drastic changes for models already in place and selling (good for him). As of this writing, he's content to let the Challenger to live on until the end of its natural project product lifecycle. Truthfully, he could let it go for at least another year (2015) but, its the following year (2016) that should be on every performance automotive enthusiasts radar. This is the year in which all the CAFE fleet sales requirements enacted by Congress & signed into law by our current sitting President that will go into effect. Basically that means for every performance car they, the car companies continue to sell, the car manufacturers will have to have "X" number of gas miserly, fuel efficient models to offset the gas guzzlers still being made. With the 2011's having yet to make their appearance the good news is you still have time say 3 years or so, to still get one. But after 2014, all bets are off. At that point if Dodge wishes to continue to produce the Challenger it make come at the expense of the Charger or Chrysler 300M. I theorize for just one of these performance car lines to go it will have to come at the expense of the other performance oriented cars expense. From a "practicality" stand point, 4 doors are seen as preferable & marketable to 2 door model cars. Hey, I could be wrong, I hope I am. But look around you, most if not all the majority of cars produced today are 4 door models. These could well be the last days of American performance cars as we know them so if its your intention to get one I say get busy and don't wait to much longer. I can just see Dodge dealers across the country adding huge premiums to the R/t's & SRT8"s on their lots in April, May of 2014 as most people realize the end is in sight. Don't let this be you in this situation, forewarned is forearmed!