View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:14 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, the shifter cannot be used...perhaps you can find another use for it...such as a paperweight or mount it on your favorite easy chair so that you can practice shifting while watching a race on TV. Or perhaps you can find someone with a Mopar that would like to buy it. Unfortunately, the only part you will be using is the boot, as I found I had to reuse my trim ring since the mounting tabs seem to be different. I just removed the boot (I believe I had to cut the mounting tabs off) then just put the boot and trim ring together...without any glue and mounted it in it's original location. The boot itself will seem big, but it will "loosen-up" with use...the leather needs to "form itself, so to speak". I did find that when I frist installed mine, I would have to push a bit harder than normal to get the car in park...no issues or problems now. You will have to use your original shifter handle or buy an aftermarket shifter like I did. Yes, it's a bit of money just to get the boot but Chrysler doesn't sell the boot by itself. Just returned from the Mopars at the Strip show in Las Vegas Nevada, and again not one person could tell that my Challenger (an '08) wasn't a 6-speed. This is a very easy and quick Mod. that really changes the interior's look.....let me know if you have any issues.....And by the way...welcome to the forum....would love to drive my SRT through your mountains...talk about a dream ride. I was only in your country once, and I drive a rented Ford.