Old 03-11-2012, 07:35 PM
stingray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK 6050
It amazes me how many Challenger owners complain about the weight of the Challenger. It’s the same weight today as it was when it was sitting on the showroom floor. Didn’t any of them bother to read the specs? YES, the Challenger is a heavy car that’s why it drives so nice. It was also the heaviest “pony car” back in 1970. You can tell the Challenger is not a light weight by just looking at it. So bottom-line is if you didn’t know that coming in…..it’s your fault, do your homework. When I purchased my SRT8, I was buying memories and looks, not a race car. If I wanted the fastest I would have gone with a Mustang. We are lucky Dodge even released the new Challenger….so I will enjoy my ride doing what the Challenger was built for... driving. It will more than likely be the last “retro” or throwback to the Musclecar days of the 60s and 70s. Because of this I will not be selling mine………
(The Camaro is not a Camaro in my book, it’s a ricer with a bowtie, and the Mustang will lose the last of its retro when the new body comes out…….)
So there is a good side to more weight and longer wheelbase = comfortable ride?