View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 06:03 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Test drove a Dodge today

ORIGINAL: jdb840

As soon as I posted about not knowing if the R/T was made i looked it up on their website oops[], I should've looked first. It seems like a good hp/torque numbers, it should be able to move quite well.
There are only three things that might prevent it from selling. Although I don't mind the styling, there are some who might not like it. The fuel economy could be better. They should have tried to design the new 62TE for RWD applications, that way it could offer both fuel economy and the performance that they wanted out of the W5A580.

There are plenty of SUVs in that size and around that price that offers three rows of seating (cramped but none the less), not even offering the option of three rows is going to chase away some customers.

The market seems to be shifting to four-regular door minivans (oh excuse me "crossovers"). It would be a good idea if Dodge would make a car based SUV which offers both a I4 and powerful V6 applications in a FWD format.

Awsure, I would wait a while before getting her a Caliber, I'm not conviced that those CVTs are reliable, if she could drive a manual then that would resolve the problem.

Patrick, since I already responded in your topic I will also not get into that right here. I agree that a HEMI would really be nice in a Nitro. The funny thing is if it offered the 5.7L with MDS it would probably get the same fuel mileage as the 4.0L in the R/T. A manual with a HEMI would be fun!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts