Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Test drove a Dodge today

Old 12-01-2006, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Test drove a Dodge today

The Nitro will have the option of the new Nav Stereo system. 20G HD with USB port. Blue tooth. with the infinity sound system. [sm=smiley20.gif]

This will be the same system you can get in the new chrysler sebring and jeep wrangler.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

I'm not getting involved with this complaining fest about prices when we don't even know about this stuff for sure. Patrick, if you so love the Vette why don't you just get one already since you think the world of it. Remember when you buy a Chevy your getting a Chevy.

Awsure, I'm betting the SUV you test drove was the new Dodge Nitro which is on a larger Jeep Liberty platform. Was it an R/T model?
i will not hijack awsure's post, but i will start a new one to discuss this...[8D]

i like the look of the nitro alot..it would be great with the hemi...

and having driven an srt8 on a closed circuit, ive never driven a car, ESPECIALLY a big sedan, that pulls like that, shy of the mirada. you would think that a big car with huge wheels would lag a little off the line, but i hammered it off the line, it spun a shade, and off we went...then, when we hit the first turn, i expected it to handle like a 425hp 4200lb sedan..but it handled better than my little stratus...thats why we are considering a 300C srt8 if the challenger price isnt reasonable...i cant imagine that same powerful engine mated to a more efficient manual transmission.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:34 PM

As soon as I posted about not knowing if the R/T was made i looked it up on their website oops[], I should've looked first. It seems like a good hp/torque numbers, it should be able to move quite well.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jdb840

As soon as I posted about not knowing if the R/T was made i looked it up on their website oops[], I should've looked first. It seems like a good hp/torque numbers, it should be able to move quite well.
There are only three things that might prevent it from selling. Although I don't mind the styling, there are some who might not like it. The fuel economy could be better. They should have tried to design the new 62TE for RWD applications, that way it could offer both fuel economy and the performance that they wanted out of the W5A580.

There are plenty of SUVs in that size and around that price that offers three rows of seating (cramped but none the less), not even offering the option of three rows is going to chase away some customers.

The market seems to be shifting to four-regular door minivans (oh excuse me "crossovers"). It would be a good idea if Dodge would make a car based SUV which offers both a I4 and powerful V6 applications in a FWD format.

Awsure, I would wait a while before getting her a Caliber, I'm not conviced that those CVTs are reliable, if she could drive a manual then that would resolve the problem.

Patrick, since I already responded in your topic I will also not get into that right here. I agree that a HEMI would really be nice in a Nitro. The funny thing is if it offered the 5.7L with MDS it would probably get the same fuel mileage as the 4.0L in the R/T. A manual with a HEMI would be fun!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Administrator

i think that they had a hemi nitro at SEMA...if im not mistaken..
Old 12-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

I remember them having a HEMI powered Nitro there; therefore, it is possible to do that. On the other hand if they the HEMI to another model, they ought to give it to the Dakota first, it needs it more than the Nitro does. Heck, they should just give it to both anyways.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-02-2006, 12:39 PM

The only thing I don't like about the look of nitro is the front bumper. IMO it makes it look ricey, besides that it lookes good to me