View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 08:42 AM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A matter of respect

I own several other cars in which I apply to the respective forums. These cars , after several years became affordable to younger buyers. I noticed a large decline in the quality of the post and a loss of respect to anyone they disagreed with. It seems that when the cars fell below $ 8000. The forum became a place where flaming and foul language became the norm. I seldom visit these sites unless I have a technical issue with the car. I see certain individuals have taken over and they have no tact or respect for any other opinion. But, I really enjoy coming to this site. It seems as though everyone has respect for others opinions, even when they may not agree. There is no brand bashing and the folks always stay positve, with no personal attacks. I hope we stay this way for a long time. I see it as long as the price stays out of the reach of individuals who have no respect for any other opinion than there own, then that is not a bad thing. On the other hand I want alot of people to experience the joy of owning a muscle car, such as the Challenger. I mean, when I think about the driving experience the Challenger will bring. Its not a vehicle to get you from point A to point B, its a driving pleasure. A chance to let the day melt behind you and enjoy just driving. When I'm in my Challenger, its the sound,smell and feel of living. And I like talking to people with this same interest. And that is what I have found here. They are coming from all over the world to this site and sites like it to experience the thrill to come. We have people here on this site from other parts of the world, that will never get to drive, much less own a Challenger. And it would be nice for them to have a taste of what we take for granted. You guys have nice Holiday and stay safe.