Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

A matter of respect

Old 12-20-2006, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A matter of respect

There is a great group of people here and the Admins are great. I haven't seen any bashing here at all and it is a comfort to log on each day and chat together about the car that has us all excited. There is a big difference between not agreeing with someone and stating or discussing it then just childishly bashing someone.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of all of our chally's in the future and maybe even getting a chance to meet a few of you at local car shows or maybe just for a sunday cruise!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:06 PM

Hey Guys!

I'm new to this forum too and I have to say that it is a great forum, although I don't spend much time in these types of site. I do visit here every once in a while to see what all are talking about and I must again say that your discussions here are usually pretty cool. I too am waiting for the new Chally, I have a 72 that is nothing special but I am running a 383 in it but she needs some work. I so plan on keeping it along side the new one, and hopefully get a chance to really fix her up nice one day. Anyway, keep up the great site and all have a Merry Christmas!

Dino
Old 12-21-2006, 07:43 PM

Welcome Dinod and good luck on that new Challenger purchase. If everyone who says they want a Challenger actually buys a Challenger then Dodge better produce a couple million of these babies. Are you listen DCX? This is your chance to get back into the muscle game.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

I own several other cars in which I apply to the respective forums. These cars , after several years became affordable to younger buyers. I noticed a large decline in the quality of the post and a loss of respect to anyone they disagreed with. It seems that when the cars fell below $ 8000. The forum became a place where flaming and foul language became the norm. I seldom visit these sites unless I have a technical issue with the car. I see certain individuals have taken over and they have no tact or respect for any other opinion. But, I really enjoy coming to this site. It seems as though everyone has respect for others opinions, even when they may not agree. There is no brand bashing and the folks always stay positve, with no personal attacks. I hope we stay this way for a long time. I see it as long as the price stays out of the reach of individuals who have no respect for any other opinion than there own, then that is not a bad thing. On the other hand I want alot of people to experience the joy of owning a muscle car, such as the Challenger. I mean, when I think about the driving experience the Challenger will bring. Its not a vehicle to get you from point A to point B, its a driving pleasure. A chance to let the day melt behind you and enjoy just driving. When I'm in my Challenger, its the sound,smell and feel of living. And I like talking to people with this same interest. And that is what I have found here. They are coming from all over the world to this site and sites like it to experience the thrill to come. We have people here on this site from other parts of the world, that will never get to drive, much less own a Challenger. And it would be nice for them to have a taste of what we take for granted. You guys have nice Holiday and stay safe.
I'm the new Canadian "kid" on this site and find it very respectful.

As lear4406, it's pretty amazing that there is a substantial group of people from other parts of the world but they show an avid interest in the Challenger concept.

I believe the Challenger will be a huge success for DCX. Is it true they're projecting only 20.000 Challengers per year?
Old 12-23-2006, 12:32 AM

i do find that this website is very respectful

i hate it when a good thread just turns into an argument

i don't think it is the age of the people who post on the forum, but the type of people
i use to belong to a chevrolet blazer forum and that is a pretty cheap car now (i bought mine for 5000$)
there were a lot of young guys on there (including me, i am 18)
there was never profanity and if someone said that they drove a different type of car, we helped them out anyway