View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
awsure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A matter of respect

I empathize with your feelings about the Challenger and the emotion it invokes. I had lunch with a client yesterday and the guy drives a Porsche that costs over $100k. I grimaced a little when he showed me because I'd probably never spend that kind of money for a car (plus he parked it right next to my beat up '97 F150). To think that I can get a car that really creates a passion in me for ~$35k-40k (hopefully) is awesome.

On one hand I want it to remain special & a high price would put it out of reach for a lot of people and seeing them on the street would be a rarity compared to a Mustang. Conversely, I think that everyone should have a shot at a terrific machine (and I lean more this way on the argument). I was a toddler in the days of the original Challenger but it sounds as though the car was produced at a reasonable price with gutsy performance and strong lines (yeah, I know the fit & finish were poor and the engineering is no-where near today's technology). I really hope DCX maintains that part of the history as well. Then, we can all enjoy the new Pony Wars...not just those with means.