View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 12:32 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chinese are coming

The offset safety tests are not an indicator of quality. Volvo makes some of the safest vehicles on the road and has for many years and they are not considered to be a high quality product due to reliability problems.

I don't think they will. Japan follows the theory of constant improvement. They have the drive to keep trying to improve their quality. This is why they were so tough in electronics. China follows the theory of the Big Three. Undersell your competition. It might work at first but it won't last. Just look at how well these discounts are at keeping the Big Three on top. If people wanted cheap cars Suzuki would be extremely successful. People want qualty and they are very picky about it. The basic difference in quality between Detroit and the Japanese is the interior. The materials are more expensive and the American public can't get enough of it.

If the Chinese manufactures improve in quality, it will probably be due to building models here in the U.S. If the Chinese build good enough cars, GM wouldn't be doing so good over there. I don't trust the Chinese either but the thing is I don't think the public is going to fall in love with their cars. If the press treats the Chinese manufactures as they have treated Detroit, they are going to be hated. Although it is unusual for the press to hate foreign companies (except for their competitors), the poor treatment of employees in China will probably be used against the company before they get popular.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts