View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Window Sticker

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada
Here is mine (i hope that bootcamp doesnt mind that i am basing mine off of his):
Don't mind you (or anyone) "basing off mine" one bit, Bud. The whole Idea was to get a "comparison list" going so we can get ideas from each other that one (or more) of us might have missed. I like your choice of colors, BTW. I'd just prefer something a little less noticible for when I want to, say, take a sick day from work and go fishing instead.
ORIGINAL: awsure
You should wait until you have a few before you commit to that. My 5 year old son Zach is totally geeked about the Challenger. When we went to see it at a Phoenix auto show he raced up to it jumping out & down screaming Challenger, Challenger!!!
We have six kids between my wife and I - from previous marriages. Four boys in the herd. My son - 21 - flipped (not rolled) his Mother's Saab 9000 a few years back. He now drives a 1999 Saab Turbo that he's modded to it's limits (and sometimes beyond) and likes to "snow plow" - driving the RF corner of the car into snowbanks, watching the snow fly. If he's lucky, he won't find a fire hydrant in one of them. Her oldest son - 19 - wadded up his 2000 Plymouth Breeze on a tree in a rainstorm and put a hole in the radiator, then took it on a trip to Virginia to see his Dad and never checked the coolant level during the drive from Upstate NY to Fredericksburg, thereby overheated it and warped the head. Rather than fixing it, he decided to get the Mitsubishi Eclipse he HAD to have (I think he destroyed the Breeze deliberately to get his Dad and Grandma to fund the Eclipse for him) while in Virginia, which he's since had burglarized and used to center punch another car while coming out of the dorm parking lot at school. He also has several traffic tickets for offenses ranging from parking violations to speeding (of course, he has no idea how or when he was issued that ticket), and his insurance agent has his cell phone number on speed-dial. Her oldest daughter - 17- had an incident on her learners permit when a tree jumped out in front of her (when she forgot to let go of the steering wheel after completing a turn at an intersection). She's also had her car and license (yeah, she actually got it) "stolen" at a party she and her friends were drinking at, as well as violated Junior Operator curfew more than a few times. My daughter - 15 - will be getting her permit in two months. I'll be looking for a limitless refill on a Prozac prescription by month's end. [&o]
So you see, I believe I have more than justifiable hesitance at EVER letting ANY of them drive the Challenger....they have substantial track-records in the "poor decision department". I'd have to be CRAZY to let ANY of them behind the wheel of a $50,000.00 car that I've dreamed of and worked hard for for most of my life. There isn't much I don't share with them already, but my generosity has it's limits.
ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada
the more that i think about it, the challenger seems to be a sort of luxo-muscle car, with items like heated seats and 22 inch rims. ill be upset if this is the only way to order the car. i want something stripped down a bit. as time goes on, it seems that more and more, there is a stronger comparison between the 300C srt8 and the challenger for us, but it all depends on how the challenger is priced and what options i get do away with. if im going to drive a high performance coupe, i dont want luxury stuff in it...if i want luxury, we will get the 300.
I used Dodge's "Build & Price" option on the Charger SRT8 in creating my "window sticker". This doesn't mean all or any of these options will be made available on the Challenger....only this is what I'd like from a list of available options on a comparable model.
For the most part, I agree with you. 22 inch rims with low profile tires don't make a world of sense here in NY where we get bad winters and serious potholes in the pave