Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger Window Sticker

Old 02-07-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger Window Sticker

I've seen a few threads with some of the things members say they want on their Challenger, ....but not everything.
SO, I figured I start one for the "window sticker" on mine (ideally).
Keep in mind - this is what I want, not necessarily what will be available.

2008 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Charcoal Grey "Hemi" graphics / stripes
Dark Grey Leather Interior
One Piece Rear Decklid Wing/Spoiler - body colored
6.4 / 6.1 L (biggest offered, anyway) V8 efi Hemi Engine
MagnaFlow Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust
6 speed manual transmission / Pistol Grip Shift Knob
Dual Zone Climate Control Air Conditioning
Power Windows
Power Doorlocks
Power Sunroof
AM/FM/Cassette/6-CD/MP3 BostonAcoustics 6 speaker Stereo System
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
***Power Adjustable Pedals
***8-Way Power Drivers' Seat
***Heated Front Seats
Front Passenger Airbag
Supplemental Side Airbags
20" x 9" Aluminum Wheels
245/45ZR20 Goodyear F1 BSW All Season Performance Tires
Remote Car Starter
Security System
Engine Block Heater
Locking Gas Cap
Front and Rear Challenger Floor Mats

NO dealer license plate frame/logo/sticker
NO front license plate bracket/mount

Aftermarket/post-delivery modifications:
Tinted side and rear windows (maximum allowable by law)

I'm expecting this to come in with a sticker of about $49,000.00 (assuming I can get the 6.4 L), or $43,000.00 (with the 6.1 L).
This will be my last hurrah with "impractical" cars. Only myself and my wife will drive it. I refuse to teach the kids how to drive a stick in this car. If they want to, they can buy a 1986 Saab 900 and learn on that......but no matter HOW good they get with a manual, they STILL ain't drivin' Dad's Challenger.

*** for my wife - 5'2", 102 lbs

Old 02-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Challenger Window Sticker

Sounds fancy. I don't need all those things, but nice overall. I agree, I'm not intending to let any kids I might have down the road, drive it no matter when. They can buy for themselves. This will be my life long toy, and the only other person I might allow to drive it would be my wife (when I get one).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Cassette?......is that anything like an 8-track? LOL! What happened to XM radio?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:19 PM

You should wait until you have a few before you commit to that. My 5 year old son Zach is totally geeked about the Challenger. When we went to see it at a Phoenix auto show he raced up to it jumping out & down screaming Challenger, Challenger!!!

When I told him he could drive it someday his little face beamed up and he gave me a big hug. I hope in 10 years he and I can find him one of his own (or whatever he likes at the time) but I am more than happy to let him enjoy the Challenger with me.

[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 02-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry, but I have seen too many classic cars destroyed by new drivers. Not going to happen with me. I will help any children I have find a nice car but not a muscle car. My father's rules were a sedan only and I intend to have the same rule.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-08-2007, 05:54 AM

yup already seen a GT 500 totaled cause the younger person driving it didn't know what the hell they were doing probably plan to see a few challengers getting pulled out of ditches and trees for that same reason

jake
Old 02-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Administrator

i know someone who has several saab 900s...if they are interested now...

seriously though, very interesting thread.

Here is mine (i hope that bootcamp doesnt mind that i am basing mine off of his):

2008 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe
Sublime Green
Black "Hemi" graphics / stripes
Dark Grey Leather Interior
One Piece Rear Decklid Wing/Spoiler - black
6.4 / 6.1 L (biggest offered, anyway) V8 efi Hemi Engine
6 speed manual transmission / Pistol Grip Shift Knob
Dual Zone Climate Control Air Conditioning
Power Windows
Power Doorlocks
Power Sunroof
AM/FM/Cassette/6-CD/MP3 BostonAcoustics 6 speaker Stereo System
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
***Power Adjustable Pedals
Front Passenger Airbag
Remote Car Starter
Security System
Locking Gas Cap
Front and Rear Challenger Floor Mats

NO dealer license plate frame/logo/sticker
NO front license plate bracket/mount

Aftermarket/post-delivery modifications:
Tinted side and rear windows-5% light transfer (its not legal, but we have it on her truck and my stratus, im not worried about the law...its michigan)
3" Custom exhaust, featuring flowmaster race mufflers

I removed the engine block heater and the heated seats, as this car wont ever see cold weather, and its just extra weight. i also removed the 20" wheels and tires. I will get the cheapest wheel combo that i can, as this car deserves a set of FAT hoosiers...the blingy 20s arent for me. i chose sublime because its amandas favorite color right now, and i dont care what color it is, so long as it isnt panther pink. i removed the magnaflow exhaust, because i prefer flowmasters. they produce the best sound IMO, and the best flow. Im not worried about the supplemental air bags...if they are standard, so be it...if not, i wont pay extras for them.

the more that i think about it, the challenger seems to be a sort of luxo-muscle car, with items like heated seats and 22 inch rims. ill be upset if this is the only way to order the car. i want something stripped down a bit. as time goes on, it seems that more and more, there is a stronger comparison between the 300C srt8 and the challenger for us, but it all depends on how the challenger is priced and what options i get do away with. if im going to drive a high performance coupe, i dont want luxury stuff in it...if i want luxury, we will get the 300.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:10 AM

i always said they should bring back the stripped down package but sadly if you ask for crank windows and manual door locks they will look at you like you have 2 heads

Jake
Old 02-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Administrator

honestly, ill take power windows...the mirada still has power windows...

but for the challenger, no power seats. with me being much taller than amanda, whenever she drives, then i drive, i have to wait for my power seat to move all the way back...as with a manual seat, pull the handle, and its back...
Old 02-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

I know in the past, manual seats did not have as full range of adjustment as the power version seats but that may have changed.

From what I remember, everybody is worrying about getting 22" rims, but these are just for show and too big and will never be in the production Challenger.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: Challenger Window Sticker