Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Aluminum Rear Window Louvers

Old 12-25-2009, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Rear Window Louvers

Am I the only one wondering what and the hell is taking them sooo long to produce the louvers??? Wilpak--Harrmond--they advertise them--BUT you can't get them. The parts places will take your money and tell you they're on order---WHAT'S up?? SLP said they are not looking at producing a 25% reduction pulley for the 09&up 5.7 Hemi---the Aluminum louvers have been on back order for a year--trying to chase down aftermarket rear end parts etc. for our cars is a BIG pain in the butt. Now Dodge would like our input---by the way Obama would like our input on LOWERING taxes!!!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by cfan
Am I the only one wondering what and the hell is taking them sooo long to produce the louvers??? Wilpak--Harrmond--they advertise them--BUT you can't get them. The parts places will take your money and tell you they're on order---WHAT'S up?? SLP said they are not looking at producing a 25% reduction pulley for the 09&up 5.7 Hemi---the Aluminum louvers have been on back order for a year--trying to chase down aftermarket rear end parts etc. for our cars is a BIG pain in the butt. Now Dodge would like our input---by the way Obama would like our input on LOWERING taxes!!!
I don't know what the problem is with either Wilpak or Harmond producing Aluminum Rear Window Louvers, but from what I understand it's not going to happen....

HOWEVER, if you want louvers and you don't want to settle for anything less than the best...check out Limited Parts Industries. They offer quality aluminum Rear Window Louvers patterned after the originals offered in 1970 (A44 coded option), but made to fit the new Challenger perfectly. They have the same aluminum strap hinges and bottom pin mounting system as the originals, so that they can be lifted up to clean the rear window. Plus they offer two installation methods...Bolted (as the originals or taped using 3M auto tape). I have a set on my Challenger and they are super looking....
The Cost is $1,200.00..which at first may seem high....but for what you are getting, trust me...they are well worth the price....
AND, if anyone is interested in a set, check out their site then PM me and I can get you free shipping on your louvers, which will save you several hundred at the very least.
(I'am working with the company to get the word out on their product)
If you really want louvers...these are the ones you want!
Check out their web site for additional information and pictures...www.limitedparts.ca
Old 12-27-2009, 07:27 AM

Default Louvers--Limited Parts--Ca

Thanks Joe--Thanks helpful --would you recommend the taped or the bolted? I am leaning toward the bolted.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by cfan
Thanks Joe--Thanks helpful --would you recommend the taped or the bolted? I am leaning toward the bolted.
I went with the tape as I didn't want to drill the roof and the 3M tape will hold everything in place with no problem. The lower pin hold downs are mounted with the tape on the rear window no matter which way you choose to mount the hinges. The reason is that unlike the 70 Challenger, we have no panel between the rear window and trunk (it's all deck lid to the bottom of the rear window).

(I have included a picture of the louvers just sitting on my Challenger before I started to mount them. I will post "outside" pictures of better quaility later....)
Attached Thumbnails 100_0094.jpg